Flying wearing a hospital mask

I wouldn't do it unless it was absolutely necessary, because I get claustrophobic when breathing into one. When my brother was in isolation and stepmom and I had to gown/glove/mask up to see him, it was incredibly hard for me physically, because of the feeling I was drowning. (and seeing my brother so sick and knocked out and on the respirator)

But people in Asia do it all the time, and who is to say they are wrong?

Think its tacky? weird? Anyone else do it to avoid getting sick?
If you don't have any overriding medical reason for wearing one .. yeah it's weird. The only people I have seen with masks on in the airport are Japanese folks who don't want to make other people sick.

Really??? I have yet to get sick when flying. Not once. But then again, I wash my hands frequently and keep my fingers away from my face.
You are going to get just as many germs in the airport. You have to wonder why passengers think there are so many germs on planes....if there were??? You would see FAs wearing masks!!!
In short? No, I wouldn't wear a mask unless my immune system were compromised in some way, or unless I had some type of communicable disease but had to fly.

I've read that if your ARE sick to wear one so as to not spread whatever, but not if you ARE NOT sick.

You have a much higher risk of getting sick from touching something than from any other way. Once you have touched a contaminated surface and then touch either your eyes, nose or mouth you have opened the door to illness.

Be proactive....take vitamins C & D to boost your immunity before you travel and learn the proper way to hand wash, then do it frequently.

It would be odd, but go ahead if you want to. I can't see how it would give you much protection against germs. As already stated, yoy'd do better just making sure that you wash your hands and avoid touching your face and eyes. Stay away from anyone coughing or sneezing.

If I felt it was need then I wouldn't care what other people thought. You're never going to see these people again; why do you care what they think?

Personally I wouldn't do it and I do think it looks a bit odd but I figure it's their life and they must have their reasons and I don't give it another thought. If one of us ended up needing to per medical advice (we have some health issues and I could see someday at least one of us ending up on immune suppressants) then I wouldn't give a second thought to what others thought about it. You do what you have to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter