Flying to Disney and elsewhere

LyteB

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,
I developed claustrophobia right before the lockdown, after a riding on Hogwarts Express without much (if any) A/C. The shutdown made it intensify, I think. I have trouble with some rides, especially when I can't determine/see an exit route. The insights for claustrophobic rides are so helpful. I am wondering if others with claustrophobia have tips for flying? I haven't attempted to fly since the incident. When the Soarin' CM laid it on thick with the airplane language during my last trip, I couldn't continue on the ride. The plane-like belts didn't help. Once I saw that the door was right on the side of the room, I figured I could probably do it next time.

Thank you!

For me, I have to have bulkhead row (the row right behind the wall or partition) so that no one can lean their chair back into my space (because there are no chairs ahead of me)

Before the pandemic, some airports had "classes" for folks who are having a hard time with the idea of flying. You not only got to sit on a plane that was on the ground at a gate, but they also explained how the plane actually stays up in the air, how the pilots control things, etc.

You may also be able to work with a counselor about your issues around claustrophobia. I never had a problem with it until I was in the middle of an MRI exam, and suffice it to say, I will probably never be welcomed in *that* MRI suite again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter