Flying thru Newark airport.... have ?'s

vicb

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Just found a more reasonable airfare for my Feb. travel from Detroit to Orlando. It is a combo NW/Continental flight. I have never been in the Newark airport. I would have 1 hour between connecting flights, would this be adequate in this airport? Does anyone know if NW and Cont. are in the same terminal? Lastly, having never flown Cont. just wondering how reliable they are?

Thanks so much for any info! :wave:

I have to fly to Newark quite regularly (one of the many 'perks' of my job) on Continental. They are generally quite reliable. Newark airport itself can get quite congested at peak travel times though, and if you're traveling at those times, it could effect your plans. It's no fault of the airline.

Continental has its own terminal (C) since Newark is one of its hubs. Northwest is in a different terminal (B). As the previous poster has said, there is a monorail or 'air train' that connects all terminals and rental car stations. The monorails are very timely. I believe they are within a 5 minute interval of each other. You should have plenty of time to make your connection, barring any weather delays.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter