Flying over GC

GailT

<font color=blue>I'm ba-ack!!!!<br><font color=mag
Back to this major decision in my life. I am going back to Vegas for a few days and WANT to take the helicopter ride over the canyon, am I crazy?:eek: I look at it I am going on 50 so now is the time to take risks in my life. Has anyone done it, was it scary, did you get motion sickness, would you do it again?
Thanks, I would like to get the B@lls to do this but sitting in front of my computer on my chair it even gives me some what of fright.:eek:
TIA

WE flew with Sundance helicopters in February to the Grand Canyon & it was wonderful. We went on their sunset trip which included a picnic in the canyon & a night flight down the strip on our return.

didn't find we suffered from motion sicknes or that it wa sscary in any way.

I'd say book it you'';ll love it!

Yes, you should do it! :) My husband and I took a helicopter flight over the GC four years ago and it ranks as one of best experiences we've had while on vacation. We took a combination tour....a bus picked us up from our hotel, we boarded a small 12 seat plane (that landed on the GC), where we boarded a helicopter (that flew over, around, and through the GC, landing at the base) and then we got on a boat. The helicopter tour was the highlight! It truly was a once in a lifetime experience. The captain let me co-pilot the helicopter (meaning that I got to sit up front and wear the headphones :thumbsup2) and I was able to get fantastic pictures through the canyon. My fears were set aside because of how truly incredible the experience really was.

Back to this major decision in my life. I am going back to Vegas for a few days and WANT to take the helicopter ride over the canyon, am I crazy?:eek: I look at it I am going on 50 so now is the time to take risks in my life. Has anyone done it, was it scary, did you get motion sickness, would you do it again?
Thanks, I would like to get the B@lls to do this but sitting in front of my computer on my chair it even gives me some what of fright.:eek:
TIA

I done it on my 50th birthday and included a rafting trip from the bottom of the hoover dam after the chopper flight. It cost about $ 430 all up and it was fantastic.

I cant remember the helicopter company but they DID NOT go down into the canyon itself....so Id pick one that does.

I know some do coz I spotted this tiny glint as we passed over; and yep , it was a chopper from another company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter