"Fluffy" Question

Silver Queen

DIS Veteran
We're getting ready to plan our packing for our Jan. 12 Fantasy cruise. We'll be in the Eastern Caribbean. Do people wear white shorts and slacks when they're in the Caribbean regardless of whether it's after Labor Day? After all, mustn't commit a fashion faux pas.

Silver Queen said:
We're getting ready to plan our packing for our Jan. 12 Fantasy cruise. We'll be in the Eastern Caribbean. Do people wear white shorts and slacks when they're in the Caribbean regardless of whether it's after Labor Day? After all, mustn't commit a fashion faux pas.

Since Labor day is a US holiday, I do not think that they are held to the "no white after labor day" rule, which really is very outdated based on current season patterns. For the most parts, I do not wear solid whites because they do not look good on me. If I had anything white that looked good on me then I would likely wear it if the setting was right and not based on the season.

I love white pants and shorts and will wear them anytime I can. To me it says I am in the Caribbean!!!

I always wear white pants/capris on my cruises to the Caribbean and I always sail in the winter. I have been known to wear white shoes too (oh my!)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter