Flower and Garden

twitterpated31

Mouseketeer
Can anyone please share your favorite parts of Flower and Garden? My first trip to Disney EVER is in March.

Are the character topiaries (I think that's what they are called?....the character shaped greenery) all over the park or just a certain area? Is it always the same ones? If so, what topiaries have you seen? What other special things are there? Extra food stalls?

Thanks!!

The topiaries are all over. There's Pooh, Tigger, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Lady and the Tramp, Fantasia mushrooms, 3 Caballeros...

Yes, there are good food stands to try. There's a cool butterfly tent and some fun interactive playgrounds for kids.

But overall, it just gives a beautiful look to Epcot everywhere you turn.

pitpat and mousehouse23 have mentioned most of our favorites. I will add that Italy has a couple of large multi container flower arrangements. Also Mexico has orchids scattered through the tress located on the Norway side.

Being gardeners we appreciate all of the work that goes into the topiaries and plantings.

Overall it makes Epcot quite beautiful. We like to wander through the park and enjoy all of the color.
Wishing your first trip to Disney is pixiedust:.

Yep stuff all over epcot. Our memory maker has been filled with extra pics of some of the topiary

We love the Floating Gardens and Peter Pan "perched" on top of one of the UK buildings.:)

Once you've seen Epcot during F&G it will look "naked" the rest of the year!:)

Just pick up one of the little bookets that are at the front of the park and scattered around shops. It lists the topiaries and locations.

I did the tea tour of the garden in United Kingdom this year. That was fun. Probably because I like tea. I love the topiaries and trying the food. The topiaries are all over the park so get one of the maps that tell you where to find them. And one of the booklets to keep track of them and the food too. They are usually at the front of the park.
I also look for special photopass opportunities.
I usually spend a day and a half in Epcot because there is so much for me to take pictures of and I like to try and figure out different angles. This his year I'm considering trying to do one of the Epcot tours - maybe the 5 hour World Showcase one. If I do that I'll need 2 days in Epcot.

And I have really enjoyed the Garden Rocks Concerts although last year I didn't care for the group that was there when I was.

There are also some small paths that will be open and decorated that are usually blocked or bare. It's also fun to watch the kids play on the really cool playground sets. As others have said, there are so many photo op's that I wind up taking more pics during flower and garden then any other time. Don't forget to walk through the butterfly house.

ETA; Yes, there are also food stalls scattered around. The exact number and offerings change every year.

I'd like to hear also. We decided to try the F&G after 10 years of F&W. I forgot about that tea tour-I took it once and enjoyed it-I love tea also. Food? We haven't been in about 8 years, and don't remember much of anything in the way of food. I hear they're no longer called "Flower Power" concerts?

I'd like to hear also. We decided to try the F&G after 10 years of F&W. I forgot about that tea tour-I took it once and enjoyed it-I love tea also. Food? We haven't been in about 8 years, and don't remember much of anything in the way of food. I hear they're no longer called "Flower Power" concerts?

Yes, they added Food & Wine style kiosks. The food offerings are similar in size, but I find them to be "lighter" offerings that those at F&W, the kiosks are open all through the week. And, yes, the concerts are now "Garden Rocks" and are only on weekends.

It has only been a few years since they added the food booths to F&G. I think they started in 2012? 20133? They're kind of like the F&W booths, but many of them are themed around specific fresh ingredients or other garden-related concepts (farmer's market, locally grown, etc.) and they're not usually as crowded as F&W gets. There were 15 booths last year, so there are plenty of choices to make a meal or two of grazing around the festival, and the food and non-alcoholic drink items are eligible DDP snacks.

The topiaries are all over. There's Pooh, Tigger, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Lady and the Tramp, Fantasia mushrooms, 3 Caballeros...

Yes, there are good food stands to try. There's a cool butterfly tent and some fun interactive playgrounds for kids.

But overall, it just gives a beautiful look to Epcot everywhere you turn.

and Tinkerbell

We go because we consider it Food and Wine "Lite". Think the F&W Festival but prettier, smaller, and with more of a focus on local/fresh/organic ingredients. The Key Lime Wine is outstanding.

My favorite memory is visiting on a sunny day (the colors are so vibrant!) and sharing a Grey Goose Slushie from the food booth in France.

The topiaries are great. There is usually a list in the F&G pamphlet (i believe) and you can make a game out of trying to find everyone. The food is amazing and actually deters us from making ADR at epcot because there is so much food to try.

I agree with everyone it's similar to F&W with flowers except the Festival Center is only open on weekends and there isn't as much going on there as during F&W.
3bJwptVeJ3h13TiHe4RiZLdJBESmO5a2MXO5rJYr9gnGazClLmRrm32Ftp-JTnH8TvtcpMttC3n74_Rxn5LfieMtfiuq4_FbVCysFtIfIDHSDEzS8onijY4fv5fFisQi8kGi9yA-kNIiMjf4WOVsWHFaWFTfGIt_IsSIbSo-Zej453coo4xZHQ8g3yAZe0b3Iz1mgCLpIl9Ywk6PqU2FnkiRSQbz-TGRwBiyy5tnl0BiquyVTeJbSH8dF6kT2D5wykiym50y4Ha1gTTvDVZOB0J4k4YVFvCnsRWYVJamx9ueii6xA5RxBNb-PF9mX70qQl_DrsG7K-JNoluyrusStGuCeWdVXFNxuyrGLCcnVRfngV8k5t2f6ZqXOpT_So0djusuK4SMPoUA-pkSmyMeYGXvnI7ykpEBOtZPDlfULfihhShNYj8UVxWS5vJiAMOBRFfTUemFgk_-z8MMTryk3rQ_IWDC__pa0R6GqUphwD2bHbTOQOcD9Sk6OWv6-Zxy-Tb_OSZyUrDv0RwBiJplQjQQr3IF3G3s8wGYXGd4LZtF11A0_CIswyun6QiuBhB3-1MSUr0zH8YEcKJXr9hVMs1QaBnLSQtnyak0AIZElg=w2830-h1593-no

3csGht2dAA_X_QdruMgDJ9nDa35q8ayJ0uzr6jW8GqHcSuwh2UlQlqsmH3Cry1ELrLdpWidRsdCC-h9l9jObixhtXsM6tw2t1RRpJxCKq-A0Au1iYav_LpCRFhWVltxWxRM2biZZIRqFoRo7g_oMfjiE-l6Yk5_2sM2wJwWc4DHVFAmLOmVKsOUFTV8N1JDWgCtf50r1dcHUWMnaTgMdVYODgX6kPPPb0a4KcyIGegX2cqd292O_Y73uONBJbq__5mS48Lbe13yIiZrOv7XAOEZz-ci9fbUPltYGPR215lidnIsEFXqNyOUdhaaKaeQaWnOndCpVTSmgOj5DLlUD-yMP_EEzlOaxDMkO2-1vYfF2sJTN8xpGvggmhRjzWvMfQdgsSdqTPxvPn1DLYNmfXBbh_b2LQ96IFXj9X0ZDAfLoifOI3mS_LJo9rvbXlD8i0zZgf_e9sYUHwGlkV7AIcHp5WN-NjgQKEhcp5eWrNGIb9HiUh5ovo8YJN7-wI__ArnqEpMyeiAVbqTWXbpEfmR2BxOAc67TQC2S_Uv7zSMGkeKUTh1CTtXOn4ekKwDEHVwu7hnzj3n99-285u2WnFjQtPifn2wg5mz1zlESIRw=w2830-h1593-no

2rYZOIep4KuMxrZ_SwZSqafcY6nhZNwKBwKwM3A_YUNQ4MUkpVmpl9diRAdAKCuSsv2VKlGpClN_Nc-thS8z8Iv9nnB0PtINwSj3GCxs3oBmDiXWmh_Dflbp-IbvebXx6tPusYdEgTerkRjYlvIlGBjK3IGfuCU8J6E-Wio9ttgRfmcwLipk2Rs_xOE2UYtFsuRWcGGODys9kJE2v82WZhTLU0qD17b8dnOih0dnEXkjEPMbWuD_ZL1paMmRZrynoc3lvHGv17phVKEPCr6pxzGf1ROPmm144Y7ImSChoBVOTLAznjwuwoEGQLiMSqreqKkF5gaJbWjeeDl056146BiHbRGSQ2-MhJh61lBqA6wI5jC5vZnIs9DwmPtL58SeazuXccbOxvmX67gKFNSj2GK8mE4COTV1lvM_iu76QrzKIncPdccjtgzBk0xLFoRwNPExRiMiJUS3ZyXPra5KrF148dQJwH2d1OYbDcqUdKJOwaTJzp8kpbVQTdE-d4AJKns5QPgAup_xV7gg87g06RIeBb5VGxAFBcK9H9MpU3VzncmElArQtmXYEcBrGFxtmyE4G9u8EqffGDIKVzW2nXgNcMEctMNkNDZ6EqUgMA=w2830-h1593-no

6cJkJuIpsYMCqHM3wUSu094DDSkdiISu3EmIaaTzaej0YeSruSsy_9hDn0g5-P-L7NAwCplPv9_oqeZViPQuHm7K7H1MjLIZASr88HRoJobq2kRt_IsW7Q53FvaG0-CCQUnjM_KpYX6YI_ZzbhSUKmm_eIBkLbei3HwxXMMH_60kJ-RtJbphrRb7INU4_9NYww8Kb043sVEkKX_IVWNUtSrH7Tq8HxnLCg2WBIqyf_WbA5fhWawustEOfvnsz7bVJ2wqjeKweNhXC50y1X_q-w4jL-3SLuULQs0gYN2wKjxlY6NQthWy8oS9xWc7xUdRoYoPxD6grDKc-KzDAn7ua2zVarqMKE2atNUJhfew2-0P-q8TFvnHOVXTPJolZKzIMXHYMVWyKRlgbw-5gV629DKB-vXJfX6U-JK77RI9XMn_JH8sMv3U70khFgz-UpDSYcQThFvALQhTvOF2KSQSVN9DbFkHCXdB6iu7vRvcztaZrJjNIDB_c4n4UvhbgZIXHxVS_vZPLfEXfSgMqzF2mACLjbrCuBzNj34Zce8y32FVV_6dIbskOoZfkHcm3UoDoad5FdEHnxLn8WG6mtZTGZD9TIusXr3mL_uuBqP5Ag=w2830-h1593-no

Lc5E4Tnj839vOonjjmMiJquMKfJ6K0iwDqx2eYJCxjj0H6_irxUJoNRkdhZLWMxQz7m4Nl43d7s2yQncs9hfi01Ngl-8OKVEY4KMJeVC1g6gJXPAeRuiE-3_QXYQocwoTlFnZ7k6nBgXNWpCg8dhZajyMNPWFqxMRbRbMUahQ8VmwceuFej3TGPjV7xfpSCFgmxdTlfW1p8fxNVgzhajOMlgceHU6XOB9td85MuXXX81irZNQ1zva3DoMy47gmVXcSeO2PXntoUGi2vdJMLD6CY88wS8_AR9J3DZ3-6gwvWAxNIGkQfac_JIU8V715M_pWGryDgkCSf7cradpe2mjqf0AA8mO0iN1xs6C1n06FGrYDU6BBK_150w3SDXWRx-DoOaqDDJhPahuuO_1H3aJ5ity6tr-3ewjkHaD2lJExyFjLb1V3u-wsoQY4ZmuX43ynCtvxUwn-Z7A6n1bkV0Ui1sC21diVcWxx92A4ZXx8ccj-2Mm5rKym50Gdx9-TPe8YdADYxElikDWGbTpSIEKiI8Yoza2yT0JSO3N7Ch5jGcf7Y470vqKCeiv1i3VmI9nYFfnKtK-zshE7itDp4O6iWyF89zN-RKodWXMZjswQ=w898-h1593-no

There are also some small paths that will be open and decorated that are usually blocked or bare. It's also fun to watch the kids play on the really cool playground sets. As others have said, there are so many photo op's that I wind up taking more pics during flower and garden then any other time. Don't forget to walk through the butterfly house.

ETA; Yes, there are also food stalls scattered around. The exact number and offerings change every year.

Oooo...are there actual playgrounds at Epcot? Where are they? That would be great for my younger kids to run off some steam and get any crazies out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter