Flounder's Questions

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
We are sailing in two weeks and I am trying to get some things set in my head.

Flounder's is where I am stuck.

1)Is there anywhere to find out what the hours usually are ahead of time? I am hoping to have an idea of when to try and book before we get on board.

2) If DH and I want to have lunch in the dining room without any children, can we bring the two year old there over lunch time and can he eat there? (On the side, would we be able to request a table alone in the dining room?)

3) DS is just over two but is potty trained. However, being barely two, he needs help in the bathroom. Do they have a bathroom in there and does anyone know if they can help him? I know they can't in the kids club but since they change diapers in Flounder's I am hoping they can. (It was a major goal to get him potty trained before the cruise because I wanted to be able to take him swimming. No way we could keep him out when big bro and big sis are in there!!)

Thank you!

I'll try to help you out a little.

1)Is there anywhere to find out what the hours usually are ahead of time? I am hoping to have an idea of when to try and book before we get on board.

A) Depending on which cruise you are on the hours vary for Flounders. I believe they have a set schedule for the Western, Eastern, and on the Wonder for the 3/4 day cruises.

2) If DH and I want to have lunch in the dining room without any children, can we bring the two year old there over lunch time and can he eat there? (On the side, would we be able to request a table alone in the dining room?)

A) I don't believe Flounders was open in the afternoons on most days. Hours were either morning or evening (beginning at around 5:00 p.m. except on shore excursion days) Like I said, the hours vary depending on your cruise. Your child will not be able to eat a Flounders--you will have to feed him prior to going or after. They will only provide crackers to eat. They will give baby food to infants and bottles though.

3) DS is just over two but is potty trained. However, being barely two, he needs help in the bathroom. Do they have a bathroom in there and does anyone know if they can help him? I know they can't in the kids club but since they change diapers in Flounder's I am hoping they can. (It was a major goal to get him potty trained before the cruise because I wanted to be able to take him swimming. No way we could keep him out when big bro and big sis are in there!!)

A) I believe they will assist with the "potty" in Flounders. They just will not assist in the kids clubs as they have to be completely trained (meaning "self sufficient") for the clubs.

I hope this helped out a little bit.

Sue Ellen

It is my understanding that children who are not potty trained are able to swim in one of the pools designated for them. Someone recently posted that the CM's checked to make sure swim diapers were used.
Anyone?

Originally posted by Daisy5115
It is my understanding that children who are not potty trained are able to swim in one of the pools designated for them. Someone recently posted that the CM's checked to make sure swim diapers were used.
Anyone?

THey can't swim in the ppols but they can play in one of the Mickey ears that has a little fountain in it.

O.K. Here's my advice.

1. Go to www.castawayclub.com They have all the navigators from recent cruises and they will list Flounders hours. Just pick the type of cruise you're going on and look for the hours. They'll be listed on each day, so you'll have to look at all the navigators.

2. Flounders isn't allowed to feed real food to children, only snacks and baby food. So, you'll have to feed him before going in or after. If that won't work, you'll have to bring your son to the dining room. You can request a table alone, I don't think it would be a problem.

3. I'm not sure about helping almost potty trained kids in Flounders. I can see an arguement for both sides, so it's best to ask when you make your ressies. Also, if your child is potty trained, he will be allowed in the main part of the Mickey Pool, but WILL NOT be allowed down the slide. The kids need to be 4 and over 36 inches in height, so something to be aware of, as I know in my house that would cause controversary.

Am I being really dense? I had already looked at castaway club before posting my question. Am I missing the hours somewhere? I see the little box that says you can make reservations there, but that is it.

Help! :confused:

We are on the three day Wonder, so if anyone knows or remembers approximately what they were, could you tell me? Thanks!

I just checked castawayclub.com myself, and you're not dense! They used to list the hours for Flounders on the Navigators, but it looks like they've changed the policy since these are new ones. The hours as I remember them from our 4 night cruse were 1 - 4 in the afternoon and 6 - midnight at night. They of course don't offer the afternoon session on the day of embarkation.

I was on the 1/ 15 Wonder 3 day.. and the hours for Flounders were :Registration 1:00-3:00 pm.
Thursday= 6:00pm-12:00 midnight
Friday/Nassau =8:45am-2:30 pm and 6:00pm-12:00 midnight.
Saturday/Castaway Cay =9:00am-10:30am (Family Time ) and 1:00pm-4:00pm and 6:00pm-12:00 midnight.
When you register they ask you to pick your 3 first requests.. which you will get and then if you would like more than those 3 times you can call to ask if there is availability or go in person to the nursery. :earsgirl: :wave2: Hope this helped.

staceymerrill--thank you sooooo much! This is way better hours than I expected and will work fine for our lunch plans. We will just feed him before we drop him off and then go to lunch! I doubt we will be using any of the evening hours as there is no way he would go to sleep in there and he konks out pretty early.

Thanks to everyone else for your feedback too!

You can be seated at a table by yourselves in the dining room at lunch. Just ask for it when you enter the dining room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter