Florida School schedule start up-dates

Fairytale2

Earning My Ears
Good day fellow disneys! we are planning our first trip to Disneyworld in the fall, but wanted to know if you guys knew the general dates window where most places start school for the kiddos?

We would like to avoid going down there while it's crazy busy, and would like to go right after school starts. Appreciate the help in advance.

Disney World is busy with visitors not just locals, just my 2 cents below.

We go the last week or two of August and find its less crowded, a portion of the north east doesn't start school till after labor day.

Before i had kids the first 2 weeks after labor day always were a good time to go, before fall breaks and 99% of the country is in school, unless you pick a Holiday week (again a portion of the North East gets the Jewish Holidays off). They are late this year, so for me 6-21 of September would be amazing.

Disney World is busy with visitors not just locals, just my 2 cents below.

We go the last week or two of August and find its less crowded, a portion of the north east doesn't start school till after labor day.

Before i had kids the first 2 weeks after labor day always were a good time to go, before fall breaks and 99% of the country is in school, unless you pick a Holiday week (again a portion of the North East gets the Jewish Holidays off). They are late this year, so for me 6-21 of September would be amazing.
Absolutely, just trying to increase our chances to maximize our time in the park and trying to best plan. We are flying from out of country and with a special needs family member, just trying to do my best to research <3 Thank you so much for all the info, I really appreciate it.

Absolutely, just trying to increase our chances to maximize our time in the park and trying to best plan. We are flying from out of country and with a special needs family member, just trying to do my best to research <3 Thank you so much for all the info, I really appreciate it.
Good luck have an amazing trip!

Good day fellow disneys! we are planning our first trip to Disneyworld in the fall, but wanted to know if you guys knew the general dates window where most places start school for the kiddos?

We would like to avoid going down there while it's crazy busy, and would like to go right after school starts. Appreciate the help in advance.
The end of September is probably the slowest time of the year now.

Of course, Disney will compensate by reducing hours and capacity, so be aware of that.

It is also the peak of hurricane season, hot and humid.

Georgia schools and possibly others have a fall break in September. Plus the Halloween parties are back so they might impact crowds.

Southwest Georgia here:
  • Leesburg GA starts August 5th, and fall break is Oct 13-17;
  • Albany GA starts August 15th, and fall break is Oct 13-14

The end of September is probably the slowest time of the year now.

Of course, Disney will compensate by reducing hours and capacity, so be aware of that.

It is also the peak of hurricane season, hot and humid.
Do they generally open later or close earlier when they reduce hours? We’re booked for the end of September next year and I hadn’t thought about reduced hours.

Take a look at the hours for the parks this year for a good indicator of the hours when you visit. Also, with the Halloween party moving into September, that will impact hours at MK.

They can shave a bit off the start and finish, depending on the park.

I would say the week after Labor Day. North east schools start up the day after Labor Day so after 9/6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter