Florida and gulf folks, you ready for Gustav ?

Shhhhh!

Our cable goes out at the drop of a hat! And that means no phone or TV either!

And you had better watch it! Some of the computers have it going out into the Atlantic, going to a Cat 1 hurricane, and comming on shore in North Florida or South Georgia again! :eek:

Hope all is well with everyone, at least so far, things have been fairly low key in terms of how bad it could have been.

Yeah, but you still got net! :upsidedow

My TV is starting to freeze up! So help me......If you jinxed me I will get you!

WickedWitch1-1.jpg

More rainy and more windy now than it's been the whole time. One weird storm is our Fay.

Just a little wind right now, no rain for awhile, streets are drying up :confused3 no palm fronds down as far as I can see, Tom Terry put his jacket back on, Casey is still in jail and Cayley hasn't been found ..... grrrrrrr no cocktails for me this morning :scared1: :scared1:

Hope everyone stays safe.

just me

:surfweb:

I don't know how you guys do it. I tend to freak out if the wind gets over 20mph. :scared1: I've gotta give you credit. I hope all is well.

Schools are closed up here today and tomorrow. I'm at work, packing up everything out of the window offices and moving them to the storage rooms since our building is right on the St. Johns. They're letting us all go at noon to go and secure our own homes.

Schools are closed up here today and tomorrow. I'm at work, packing up everything out of the window offices and moving them to the storage rooms since our building is right on the St. Johns. They're letting us all go at noon to go and secure our own homes.

Goog luck to you! Hopefully it'll be as much of a non-event for you as it was for us.

We'll think happy thoughts for you. Keep us posted! :thumbsup2

I'm crossing my fingers that it's mostly a non-event, but that its enough of an event to keep schools closed and work closed on Friday, so that we can get an early start on our Disney trip this weekend. :lmao:

I'm crossing my fingers that it's mostly a non-event, but that its enough of an event to keep schools closed and work closed on Friday, so that we can get an early start on our Disney trip this weekend. :lmao:

Hey, that's a good thing! ;)

My oak tree dropped a few small brances on my Florida room, and that was about it.

At least I wont have to water my lawn all week :woohoo:

ConcK,

I think your set on watering till the end of the Month! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

At least I wont have to water my lawn all week :woohoo:

:lmao: I haven't had to water the lawn for almost 2 months now :woohoo:
Considering my 'sprinklers' consist of me moving the hose around the yard (very time consuming and :eek: critters :eek: ) I am very thankful for all the rain.

Just waiting to see which direction Fay wants to go next :confused:

Stay Safe All

just me

:surfweb:

This is nice. I got a phone call from our legal administrator last night at 10:35 telling me that the office would be open until noon today and for us to wear casual stuff since we would be packing up the window offices. I get here and pack up 90% of my boss' office, and then NOW the partners in the firm have decided that in addition to a law degree, they are now meteorologists too and even though our local weather guy is saying that, yes the prior track had the storm coming on shore around Jax at about 75 mph winds (Cat-1), the current track has it coming somewhere around St. Augustine at about 70 mph winds (strong TS). The actual damage will be about the same. BUT, since lawyers know better, the office will remain open here until 5pm and that we should stop packing stuff up. I don't see such a big difference between 70 and 75 mph winds, but then again, I'm not a lawyer.

You look kind of sick! Perhaps you should go home and lay down! :thumbsup2

This is nice. I got a phone call from our legal administrator last night at 10:35 telling me that the office would be open until noon today and for us to wear casual stuff since we would be packing up the window offices. I get here and pack up 90% of my boss' office, and then NOW the partners in the firm have decided that in addition to a law degree, they are now meteorologists too and even though our local weather guy is saying that, yes the prior track had the storm coming on shore around Jax at about 75 mph winds (Cat-1), the current track has it coming somewhere around St. Augustine at about 70 mph winds (strong TS). The actual damage will be about the same. BUT, since lawyers know better, the office will remain open here until 5pm and that we should stop packing stuff up. I don't see such a big difference between 70 and 75 mph winds, but then again, I'm not a lawyer.

Maybe they're planning on suing Hurricane Fay for any damages done that they weren't expecting? :confused3

I think I'll have to take Friday off to "clean up" the storm damage (what I won't tell them is that I'll be cleaning up in Orlando). :rolleyes1

I think I'll have to take Friday off to "clean up" the storm damage (what I won't tell them is that I'll be cleaning up in Orlando). :rolleyes1

Well, you know, Mike had four palm fronds down and a flower pot knocked over.

And I'm sure we could find other things that need your immediate attention!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter