Florence on Own (LV03)

stout

Mouseketeer
We know exactly what we would like to do in Florence as we were there before...everything is within a 1 mile walking area. We are trying to compare this service (Florence on own LV03) to get us to Florence, as compared to other options we are entertaining. For anyone who has done this one before:
Does this bus leave right after the port arrival time?
Where in Florence is the drop off and pick up locations?
What time does the bus leave Florence?
Thank you!

We just did this on 6/25. We boarded the bus about 8:15 am. The tour guide gave us some directions, walked us to the meeting point of Santa Croce, then set us free about 10:30. I had reservations for a tour at 10:30, and we were about 30 minutes late for it. We walked to the basilica, got lost, there was a line...
We met up again at either 3:45 or 4:15, my notes are confusing here. I believe we took the scenic route back and visited "Snob Hill" Perhaps Piazzale Michelangelo, on the way back.
We were back to the ship by 5:59ish. We were late for dinner.

It was perfect for us to not have to worry about transportation. I wish we arrived early, or scheduled our tour later since we missed it. It was fine though, since they still let me in the Duomo which was what I wanted to do.
We were also done about 3 pm, so just sat and waited with about half of the group for the last hour. We skipped a few things since it was hot out and we were tired.

We just did this on 6/25. We boarded the bus about 8:15 am. The tour guide gave us some directions, walked us to the meeting point of Santa Croce, then set us free about 10:30.
We met up again at either 3:45 or 4:15,

These times are similar to what I remember from the previous week. We met in Fathoms at 7:30 or 7:45, and were off the ship not long after that. I don't remember when we arrived (after a brief rest stop) but 10:30 sounds about right. The bus dropped us off on a street near the river, and our guide walked the group (for about 5 minutes) to a spot by a cafe just outside Santa Croce and told us to meet back there. I think our meeting time was 3:30 (all-aboard was 6:45). The guide then walked us back to the bus, and we were back onboard by 6. We had late dining and weren't seeing a show, so I didn't pay attention to the exact time.

Given the distance between La Spezia and Florence, I felt much more comfortable using Disney transportation than taking a train by ourselves and worrying if there would be delays. We had no problem walking around and finding our way back to the meeting site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter