Flights to U.S.

steve3021

Earning My Ears
Has anybody got any tips as to the best time to book August Orlando flights?
Next Aug all seem to be around the £600 mark.If this is standard then I might have to reconsider plans to join DVC.
Is it better to wait 'til closer to the date?I've looked at transfers,multi stops,different airports etc and the prices are frightening!
For the next few years August is our only option.
Thanks...

Steve I presume you're planning around school holidays? If you can take the kids out a couple of days before the end of school that can help quite a lot. Other than that it's just a case of keeping an eye on deals and checking on a regular basis. Signing up for news Email/letters from BA, Expedia + Ebookers will help but mostly it's regularly checking whats on offer. If you know that £600 seems to be about the money then if you do see a deal that comes in £450 or below you know it's a great deal and probably best to snap it up. With many airlines reducing their number of flights I think we all face a couple of years of being fleeced if we're stuck on peak times. If you have a little flexibility I've found flying into Miami or Tampa sometimes offers better prices. One of my friends got a fantastic deal on USAirways to Charlotte that was £900 for family of 4. He was going to drive down to Orlando from there. As a DVC member you could spend a couple of nights at Hilton Head ( about 3 hours drive from Charlotte) then drive to WDW ( about 6 hours). I've done the fly into Charlotte and drive, I enjoyed the chance to stay at HH on the way down and drove back to Charlotte in one trip staying at a cheap airport hotel the night before my return flight. Obviously it's not ideal if you only want to travel to WDW, but there is a price at which the inconvenience becomes worth it :), if it can save you £1,000 it's worth at least thinking about.

Hi Steve,

We've been pricing up next August and the best we've found so far is with British Airways into either Atlanta or Tampa, both coming in at around £1600 for 2 adults and 2 children. Flights into Orlando and other airports seem to be coming in around £2200-2400.

Thanks Vernon,
The Charlotte deal was excellent.I'll have to really shop around by the looks of things.£500 for Aug I could live with but when it gets up into the £600s'.....

That was a deal with BA through USAirtours/Travel Planners. For the Tampa flight though you do have to take their hire car to get that rate. (Children also get $200 disney dollars each)

Good luck :)

Paid £400 to Boston this Summer and $160 internal UNITED to Orlando.
Was able to visit my brothers in Boston rather than pay £600 to Orlando with Airtours.
travel city are also worth looking at as up until this year never paid more than £350 in summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter