Flights Confusion

T16GEM

<font color=blue>I must have a funnel cake when I'
hi everyone!

We have had our flights booked with Continental since February for 4th Jan, we picked connections with just under 3 hours wait and now they have changed our connection to 4 hours. We really don't want to have to sit in the airport for 4 hours and can see online that there is a flight that has 2 hours connection which I think we would be fine to take.

The only problem is that we phoned Continental last night and they said that they cannot make any changes because the flights were booked through Netflights so we need to talk to them, but I can see my reservation online on the Continental website. Is this right?

Also if they have changed our itinery do we have to pay to change it to a shorter connection?

Help!!!!

Thanks
Gems :goodvibes

Thats correct you have to deal with the agent you booked thru.
Never had any experience with chamging a flight with Netflights, only with Expedia, they tried changing me to a 50 min connection in New York. I knew it was not enough but they insisted it was, tried telling me no other options but thankfully I already knew that was not true. They ended up changing me to a 2 hour change, no charge but a lot of hassle.
Ring Netflights and ask.
Have you done indirect before? depending on airport, delays, experience then 2 hours can be too short. I always go for 2 hours but lots of experience, get plans of airports, find gates in advance etc. Our friends had 90 mins via Atlanta in July and missed their connection and they were in biz class, 1st off plane.

Have you done indirect before? depending on airport, delays, experience then 2 hours can be too short. I always go for 2 hours but lots of experience, get plans of airports, find gates in advance etc. Our friends had 90 mins via Atlanta in July and missed their connection and they were in biz class, 1st off plane.

Thanks Wayne :goodvibes
This is our 4th or 5th time flying indirect and we always go via Newark so we are familiar with where we have to go.

The first time we took the kids we had a 90 min change over and just about managed it, but the staff are very helpful with geting through the airport if you tell them that you are on a tight schedule.

When your friends missed their connection did they get put on the next flight straight away? I guess I am hoping that if we miss our connection that they will put us on the next flight no problems as our flight is virtually empty at the moment as it's the quietest time of year to go.

When your friends missed their connection did they get put on the next flight straight away? I guess I am hoping that if we miss our connection that they will put us on the next flight no problems as our flight is virtually empty at the moment as it's the quietest time of year to go.

Can't remember exact times but these are near enough, they should have been on 5pm flight but missed it so they were put on the 11pm flight with guarenteed availability but standby for the 7:30pm flight if they had noshows.
They managed to get on the 7:30pm.
We did exactly same route 2 weeks later but I opted for the 7:30pm flight to start with. I didn't want to risk 90 mins at Atlanta, Immigration is worst I know, long long lines.

They also had to fly economy, biz class was not available on either but only a 1 hour flight so they didn't mind that.

Not too sure how helpful this will be but have you thought about just chancing it on the day? What I mean by that is if you get there in time for the 1st connection, ask at the Continental desk if there's any chance of you being moved forward to the next available flight?

Have heard of people doing this before and getting lucky if there was space on the flight!

Not too sure how helpful this will be but have you thought about just chancing it on the day? What I mean by that is if you get there in time for the 1st connection, ask at the Continental desk if there's any chance of you being moved forward to the next available flight?

Have heard of people doing this before and getting lucky if there was space on the flight!

that's not a bad idea, has anyone every done this on here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter