Flight Time After Cruise

Mandersons04

Mouseketeer
Okay, so we're cruising in March 2013 on the Fantasy and I had a quick question about flight times. We currently have a return flight of 1:10 PM scheduled but I wanted to know what the likelihood of us making an 11:55 AM return flight. I know that DCL recommends not booking a flight before noon, but since it's just 5 minutes before, do you think it would pose a problem?

Would you keep the 1:10 PM flight or change to the 11:55 AM one and save some money?

We have always EASILY made our flights between 11:00 and 11:45. But keep in mind, if there are issues with the ship clearing customs, that may pose an issue. But we do express check-off and have arrived at the airport in plenty of time.

11:55 should be fine. I wouldn't book anything before 11, and prefer 11:30. DCL books people at 11:30!

We've been at MCO as early as 9am, but we've also been on cruises where the "big doors" weren't open till after 9!

We had an 11:55 a.m. flight when we were on the Magic a couple of years ago and had no problem reaching the airport on time. We had early dining, so we had breakfast in the dining room and then headed out on the first bus. In January, we booked an 11:30 a.m. flight since we arrived so early last time. While I realize there is a risk, I really didn't want to wait until late afternoon/early evening to head home. In addition, 11:30 a.m. is the cutoff time for DCL for onboard airline check-in, so I figure that must mean they have confidence that they can get you there in time.

We're in the DC area too, so we're looking at the same flights! We were on the Dream in February and took the 1:10 flight home. We were at the airport by 9:30 a.m. so it was a L-O-N-G wait! We might have been able to switch flights, but DCL handled our luggage so it was not an option for us. This year we are booked on the 11:55 return flight. I even considered the 10:50, but decided that would be tempting fate.

We had an 11:55 a.m. flight when we were on the Magic a couple of years ago and had no problem reaching the airport on time. We had early dining, so we had breakfast in the dining room and then headed out on the first bus. In January, we booked an 11:30 a.m. flight since we arrived so early last time. While I realize there is a risk, I really didn't want to wait until late afternoon/early evening to head home. In addition, 11:30 a.m. is the cutoff time for DCL for onboard airline check-in, so I figure that must mean they have confidence that they can get you there in time.

This is good to know because there's actually an 11:40 AM flight that I was considering but was thinking that I might be pushing it. That flight would save us even more money!:cool1:

We're in the DC area too, so we're looking at the same flights! We were on the Dream in February and took the 1:10 flight home. We were at the airport by 9:30 a.m. so it was a L-O-N-G wait! We might have been able to switch flights, but DCL handled our luggage so it was not an option for us. This year we are booked on the 11:55 return flight. I even considered the 10:50, but decided that would be tempting fate.

Yeah, see, that's what I don't want. I'll already be sad that the cruise is over and waiting at the airport forever will make me sadder. :rotfl2: Because I have miles with US Airways, I think I may stick with the 11:55 AM flight. I'd still save money (not as much as with flying with JetBlue) but we'd be getting more miles.

Now the question would be should we use private transportation heading back to the airport or use DCL transportation.:confused3

We used DCL transportation and didn't get off the ship until they told us we had to two weeks ago and we could have made an 11:55 am flight. Our flight wasn't until 3 so we had an extremely long wait.

Thank you everyone for your responses! I now feel confident about switching our flight times. I'm still deciding between JetBlue's 11:40 AM and US Airways 11:55 AM. Oh the problems I have in my life :rotfl:

We did an 11:55 flight last April. My only complaint was we had late dinner so our sit down breakfast was going to cut things a little tight. I really enjoyed our sit down breakfast the last day on our first cruise. Instead we did the buffet before we left the ship at 8:30 to meet our car at 8:45. We arrived in plenty of time for the flight. But if I would do it again, I may take a flight a smidge later and have a more relaxing morning on the ship.

We did an 11:55 flight last April. My only complaint was we had late dinner so our sit down breakfast was going to cut things a little tight. I really enjoyed our sit down breakfast the last day on our first cruise. Instead we did the buffet before we left the ship at 8:30 to meet our car at 8:45. We arrived in plenty of time for the flight. But if I would do it again, I may take a flight a smidge later and have a more relaxing morning on the ship.

We've got second seating too so that's why I'm trying to decide between a private car or the DCL bus. I'm leaning towards the DCL bus so we can do the onboard airline check-in which I'm thinking will make things a little smoother for us.

We've got second seating too so that's why I'm trying to decide between a private car or the DCL bus. I'm leaning towards the DCL bus so we can do the onboard airline check-in which I'm thinking will make things a little smoother for us.

You can eat in Cabana's in the morning if you want to try and get off earlier.

We have a 10:00 a.m. southwest flight booked for our flight home on 1/26 after our cruise because the only flight after that is at 4:30 and we have two kids and they will drive me and everyone at the airport crazy if we have to wait that long. We hired a car to pick us up and drop us off right at southwest area at mco. This is our 4th cruise and we get to MCO so early. I just hope this year is the same. I think you will be fine with your 11:30 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter