Flight of Passage: Overrated?

FOP is the best ride on property at this point. Loved Soarin from day one when it opened, it will always be a favorite but FOP is Soarin on steroids. I will ride this any time I get the chance.

Not overrated, but I was on it this past weekend and right before we got to the part with the elephant-like creatures, the whole ride shut down. Then the girl on the left-most bike vomited like crazy. Both incidents were related - the ride has sick sensors (if Mission Space did the same thing, that ride would be shutting down all the time!). Unfortunately, they shut down the entire ride for about an hour or so. I feel bad for that person - getting sick and then pissing off all the other guests who wanted to ride.

"Sick sensors"?? Is that an actual thing and how does it work? The only thing I can think of is just security camera operators watching people as with any other ride. Otherwise how the heck does a ride sense when someone is about to be sick.

I'm mixed about it. I honestly enjoy the pre-ride & queue as much as the actual ride itself. I've never really been one to go crazy over motion picture rides like Soarin', but this was really good. If I didn't have a fastpass for it and waited 3+ hours, I'd probably be a bit annoyed at myself for not researching in advance.

Am I going to call it the best ride I've ever ridden? Far from it. But it does provide an overall incredible experience worth trying out. If I walk by and see it's under an hour wait - you bet I'm jumping in that queue.

"Sick sensors"?? Is that an actual thing and how does it work? The only thing I can think of is just security camera operators watching people as with any other ride. Otherwise how the heck does a ride sense when someone is about to be sick.

Well, they have these probes, and you put on a tinfoil hat, ...LOL! Yeah, there's no such thing as a "sick sensor", just coincidence. Of course, if someone were to get part way off the seat, that would be a call to stop the attraction.

Everyone likes different things and it would be nearly impossible to think of any attraction that has universal acclaim. Since it all comes down to personal preference and opinion, and since the only opinion that matters (to me) is mine, FOP is definitely not overrated.

I am in the it's NOT overrated camp - but to each his/her own. I thought it far surpassed Soarin and I was emotionally moved and excited afterwards. Would I wait 2 or 3 hours to ride, no. Will I FP it? Yes. Would I try rope drop and wait about 40 minutes - yeah probably. I think it's amazing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter