Flight gets in at 11:15 am, can we make a 2:50 lunch?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
Our flight arrives at 11:13 and we are staying at AKV. We know from the past that our room will not be ready when we get there so our plan is to go to either Epcot or MK and each lunch. Do you think we can make a 2:50 lunch or should we make it for later?

Kristine

How are you getting from the airport to property? I am thinking it will be noon at the earliest before you are leaving the airport, best case, unless you catch a good tailwind. Figure about an hour if you're doing DME to get to your resort. That's 1pm. Then, another half hour or so from your resort to MK or Epcot.

If things go reasonably well, it should be okay.

If you don't have a rental car or private transportation, assume an hour to an hour and a half for DME and another half hour to 45 minutes to check in. This is if your flight lands on time.

You should be okay. I would not book CRT or Akershus for this lunch though - stick with something that doesn't have a prepayment or a no-show fee.

How are you getting from the airport to property? I am thinking it will be noon at the earliest before you are leaving the airport, best case, unless you catch a good tailwind. Figure about an hour if you're doing DME to get to your resort. That's 1pm. Then, another half hour or so from your resort to MK or Epcot.

If things go reasonably well, it should be okay.

Sorry - forget to add that part. We are renting a car.

Kristine

Our flight arrives at 11:13 and we are staying at AKV. We know from the past that our room will not be ready when we get there so our plan is to go to either Epcot or MK and each lunch. Do you think we can make a 2:50 lunch or should we make it for later?

Kristine

Just remember that your flight is scheduled to arrive at 11:13. Unfortunately, we've been on many a flight that has ended up getting to WDW hours after it was scheduled to.

On our March 2009 trip, we were scheduled to land at 2:17pm. I made a dinner reservation at CP for 5:30pm. Our flight landed at 2:30-ish. I ran ahead to get the rental car while my mom and DW managed the kids and the luggage. I had a tough time getting my DD's car seat installed in the rental, so that took about 10 minutes longer than it should have.

Because it was a trip we won, we needed to stop at SSR to get our park tickets. We drove there, everyone got out cause of the excitement and I got the tickets. They gave us our room keys, but we didn't even go there. With our luggage still packed in the trunk of the rental, we made a bee line for MK. We parked, got in the park and I ran ahead (again) and made it to CP right at 5:45pm. I begged and pleaded with the CM to seat us, and then she told me that they hold your reservation for 15 minutes after your slotted time. I told her that I could just kiss her! 5 minutes or so later, my family arrived. I do regret not being able to walk down Main St. with them and take in all the magic.

So while YMMV, it took the 5 of us 3h 45m to get off the plane, get our luggage, get the rental, drive to WDW/SSR and get tickets, drive to MK, park, get into the park and get to CP. Wayyy longer than I anticipated. I thought 2 hours max. I'll never make that mistake again.

If your flight lands around the scheduled time, you should be fine. I'll reiterated what TDC Nala said in a previous post: Don't plan for a restaurant that requires a monetary deposit in case you are delayed somewhere. The worst-case scenario should be you missing your scheduled lunch, not losing cash!

I think you'll be fine, barring any delays with your flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter