Flight Change

jjbescher

DIS Veteran
Delta just changed the flight on us from 1:24 PM to 11:55 AM. We are using Disney Transportation.

Will we have enough time to get off the boat and get to our flight in time or do I need to call Delta and get a later flight?

jon

If you get off the ship as soon as it is allowed, early in the morning, you should be ok. The terminal is about an hour, maybe a little less(depending on traffic), from OIA Delta has the check in computers for self check in , so it does go pretty quickly. That early the security lines usually arnt too bad, unless it's a holiday weekend.
Good Luck.
mom x4,grandma x4

I agree that you should be fine if you are off the ship relatively early. You may also check, because a number of major airlines (I would not be surprised if Delta is one of them) lets you check-in and check your baggage at the port before getting on the DCL transportation. If that is the case, that will also save some time since you won't have to get in line at MCO and can instead just head straight for the gate (or well, I guess I should say you can head straight for the security line). :rotfl2:

When Delta has changed my reservation and given me a new flight time that is inconvenient I've called them and they have made other arrangements for me without cost since the first change was for their convenience.

i just got back from a 4 day wonder 8/28/05 and I had a flight with delta song at 1140 am and we made it to the airport by 945am. Since your flying delta and taking disneys transportation- you just check your bags at the port and they print out your boarding pass and then board the bus and when you get to the airport you just have to go through security. Working with disney transportation worked out great - just make sure if you have late seating for breakfast, you skip it like we did and head for the buff at topsiders for a quick snack and head off the ship by 8 am and you'll be fine :cheer2:

Thank you for that information. We will stick with new time. THis way we get home a lot earlier.

jon

The only thing I'd be worried about is...since your taking DCL transfers...you have to go on their time....and not on yours...So do you know when the Disney transfers head to MCO?...it that their first or only stop??...what if you are not able to get on the first transfer bus and have to wait for the next???

I've never taken the Disny transfers..So I'm not asking out of experence or anything...but it's just a few things that I thought about when I read your post....It's a few things that if I were in your shoes would want to know befor I kept the early flight. I know Disney suggests you don't book return flights early....and I'm guessing they are saying that more so for those who take transfers with them since you go on their schedule. (That's one thing I really like about booking transfers with a towncar/limo service....you set the time, not anyone else)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter