Flight cancelled

adamak

DIS Veteran
Yup. My luck with the Nor'easter. Flight early morning out of NYC cancelled, even though it's freaking calm outside now in NYC. Been on hold with Delta for 3 hours to change, but I'm sure there isn't any seat left for the next 3 days. And since it's spring break, we only have a week. So leaving next Wed won't make any sense. Looks like we'll have to cancel our Hawaii trip.

I'm super, super angry and sad right now. Been looking forward to this for a year. Not to mention, I probably will lose my DVC points if I cancel past midnight (cancel on the day of). And the intra-island cost. And the hotel package in Maui.

I'm not in happy place right now.

Call DVC and explain. Last fall multiple people reported that their points were restored when they had to cancel due to the hurricane. Hopefully you'll get some pixie dust. I'm sorry about your trip.:worried:

Yup. My luck with the Nor'easter. Flight early morning out of NYC cancelled, even though it's freaking calm outside now in NYC. Been on hold with Delta for 3 hours to change, but I'm sure there isn't any seat left for the next 3 days. And since it's spring break, we only have a week. So leaving next Wed won't make any sense. Looks like we'll have to cancel our Hawaii trip.

I'm super, super angry and sad right now. Been looking forward to this for a year. Not to mention, I probably will lose my DVC points if I cancel past midnight (cancel on the day of). And the intra-island cost. And the hotel package in Maui.

I'm not in happy place right now.

Can you get in a car and drive to another area that may have flights out?

actually, I just checked Google Flights. If you can get up to Toronto you can get flights for in the mid $600 Canadian (7 -8 hour drive) and if you drive up to Montreal, there are United flights with space leaving Monday for mid $600 Canadian leaving Monday. NYC to Montreal is approx 5 hours drive. I looked at flights out of Syracuse but they are all about $1500 USD

Thanks all. I don't have a car and last minute car rental in NYC is almost as much as buying a used one. :)

Anywhoooo. Delta never answered after 5 hours (!).I somehow managed to grab a flight out tomorrow from LGA, through Atlanta. If all goes well, I'll be in Aulani tomorrow night, just losing 1 day. I was also able to change my DVC reservations to 1 day shorter. So there is still hope. Fingers crossed. All I need is the inbound flight lands tonight. Please please please.

Thanks all. I don't have a car and last minute car rental in NYC is almost as much as buying a used one. :)

Anywhoooo. Delta never answered after 5 hours (!).I somehow managed to grab a flight out tomorrow from LGA, through Atlanta. If all goes well, I'll be in Aulani tomorrow night, just losing 1 day. I was also able to change my DVC reservations to 1 day shorter. So there is still hope. Fingers crossed. All I need is the inbound flight lands tonight. Please please please.

WOW-glad you were able to get out at least!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter