Flight 1549 - 10 year anniversary

I commented in that thread because we could see it unfolding from my west side office. If it happened today, our view would be totally blocked by the development of Hudson Yards.

I can't believe its been 10 years.....

We were flying into NYC the following week and I had a girlfriend who had just landed at Laguardia and she couldn't believe what see was seeing on the TVs.
A true miracle.

Did you see the movie? If it was accurate, he was a hero publicly, but at the same time was being attacked by investigative agencies who thought he could have landed the plane at an airport rather than ditching in the river.

My husband and I just watched the movie last week. We got to giggling, because we both were crying even though we knew the outcome. Such an amazing story.

I saw the movie and thought it was great. I expected it to be pretty poor, since the entire event it was based on took place in minutes. I just couldn't see how you could make a movie out of that? I had no idea that the pilot himself and others questioned his decision to land on the river. It was an interesting movie.
I can't believe that it's been ten years! Wow

I saw this movie about 5 years ago. I thought it was vey well done.
Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors.

Did you see the movie? If it was accurate, he was a hero publicly, but at the same time was being attacked by investigative agencies who thought he could have landed the plane at an airport rather than ditching in the river.

The movie is not accurate in that regard. It's totally made up for drama because the real story would be so boring, it would put people to sleep. The investigators weren't some sort of vindictive star chamber out to get em inquisition as the movie portrayed. Sullenberger said the investigators were all nice. They didn't use the real names of the investigators in the movie at the request of Sullenberger. He felt it wouldn't be right to use their real names due to the innaccuracy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter