Flavor to ask?

Mom2Kaylee

DCL, DVC, & WDW Addict
Got some food questions Im hoping some of you can answer. I've sailed twice before but was pretty seasick during dinner every night so I never got around to asking any of our servers specific requests.

I'm pretty bland when it comes to trying new things as well so most of the menu doesnt appeal to me in the least :eek: Im sure some of you have fallen over right about now lol :scared1:

So here are some questions...

What can you order that is not listed on the menu? I know I've heard a few things but would like to hear what others have discovered.

Can you order iceberg or romaine lettuce w/cheese only salads nightly?

How about desserts to go?

Or entrees for that matter?

Does room service have condiment packets like mayo? (Want to order a sandwich to take on our excursion)

I think thats it for now, thanks for your help! :woohoo:

Got some food questions Im hoping some of you can answer. I've sailed twice before but was pretty seasick during dinner every night so I never got around to asking any of our servers specific requests.

I'm pretty bland when it comes to trying new things as well so most of the menu doesnt appeal to me in the least :eek: Im sure some of you have fallen over right about now lol :scared1:

What can you order that is not listed on the menu? I know I've heard a few things but would like to hear what others have discovered.

Can you order iceberg or romaine lettuce w/cheese only salads nightly?

How about desserts to go?

Or entrees for that matter?

Does room service have condiment packets like mayo? (Want to order a sandwich to take on our excursion)

The dining servers and chefs are most accomodating in special requests. If you only want lettace & chees salads, I'm sure they will get it for you.

If you request your server to bring a cover for your entree/dessert to go, they will do so.

I'm pretty sure they have the packets. A word on caution, fresh foods are generally NOT allowed to be taken from the ship. You can bring along pre-packaged foods (granola, small cereal boxes, snack crackers, cookies) from the ship on your excursions, but most ports don't allow food from the ships.

:cutie:

If you take a sandwich on an excursion, you may well be violating the laws of the country you are visiting! And DCL will not support you in this--they say that no food is to be taken from the ship (covers them, so if you are caught you are on your own!) Each country has different laws. Some say NOTHING can be brought in, others say no fresh fruits or unprocessed animal products, and some say nothing. No kidding, they got me once for a piece of lemon in my iced tea. They let me have the tea, but the lemon had to be removed and tossed. No fine, no arrest--just a "you can't bring that in."

As to stuff not on the menu--if they have the ingredients, they will make it, Example--you can get a chicken caesar salad every day at lunch in the sit down restaurant even though it is not on the menu.

Yes, they will pack up an entree or dessert to take back to your room if desired.

Wow that's crazy! I thought I read people taking those ucrustables off?? We are only getting of in Grand Cayman, does anyone know the rule there? Obviously if it's a law and rule we would never even try!

Wow that's crazy! I thought I read people taking those ucrustables off?? We are only getting of in Grand Cayman, does anyone know the rule there? Obviously if it's a law and rule we would never even try!

Uncrustables are allowed off because they are factory sealed, unlike a sandwich that you just wrap up.

Can you order iceberg or romaine lettuce w/cheese only salads nightly? Yes I did that on several cruises. You can also ask them for a kids salad which is basic lettuces, shredded carrots and a few cucs.

How about desserts to go? Yes you can

Or entrees for that matter? They will do that as well but no where to warm it up

Hope the answers above help

Thanks for clarifying! Glad we will be able to take something off! And thanks for the quick answers to everything else! Love all you knowledgable folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter