Flash sale going on at UT

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I happen to be browsing the budget board and noticed that UT is having a flash sale for a 4 day PH ticket with 3 extra days -- so a 7 day hopper for $431.95 adult (on WDW website is $485) So i did buy my tickets for my family and saved almost $160 on 3 adult tickets!!

FYI - There is a separate banner at the top before where all the other tickets are listed, so you will not see it if you go to the PH ticket section.

I think the sale started yesterday so i am not sure how long it will actually go.

EDIT -- I forgot that WDW adds tax, which would be $94.59 on my 3 tickets so the bumps my savings up to over $250!!

Last edited:
I was going to wait on buying my daughters ticket because i still had money in a disney vacation account, but the savings was too good to pass up. So including her ticket our savings compared to WDW we saved $338!!! that will be a whole lotta tasty treats at flower and garden!!!

Even the other comparison to UT regular 7 day hopper it saves $213.

So hopefully some of you can hop on this deal before it is gone!!

Thanks so much! I snatched this up. We were only going to get 5 day park hoppers, but on the Disney site they would've been almost $200 more total for my family of 4. Now we have cheaper tickets AND two extra park days. Super exciting!

I think on the budget board someone was evening mentioning that these can be bridged to purchase an AP -- so an additional savings on top of our DVC discount.

These TIX are of the older type, that is they do NOT need to be used by 12/31/2018.

These TIX are of the older type, that is they do NOT need to be used by 12/31/2018.

And I read elsewhere that they do expire 12/31/18 - although all that really means is you can't use them for entry but can use them towards the purchase of a new ticket.

I haven't looked at UCT personally though to see if it says they are the older pre-change tickets. I just read that they weren't.

I called them and confirmed that the tix do NOT need to be used by 12/31/18
What exactly did you confirm? Are these tickets from before the implementation of expiration dates? Or did you simply confirm that they will still be worth something after the expiration date. The whole expiration date just means that you have to pay up to the current ticket price to use them after that date.

If these are from before the expiration date implementation, then they aren't near as valuable for bridging to an AP.

As said, from before the change, no expire/use by date. List price $516.53 w/tax. Call them if you want to hear them tell you direct.

As said, from before the change, no expire/use by date. List price $516.53 w/tax. Call them if you want to hear them tell you direct.
So not to be the bearer of bad news but if they truly are old stock with no expiration (i.e. From prior to the Feb price increase and institution of an expiration date) by all accounts you will not receive $516 toward an AP upgrade you will only receive $467 which was the last gate price for that ticket. There was a lengthy thread about upgrading old tickets once the expiration date thing started and many poster including a cast member who works in ticketing confirmed it. Simply put now that Disney has instituted an expiration date for all tickets sold they now know the max price at which that ticket would have sold. The flash sale is a great deal for a 7 day ticket but if it truly is an old ticket its value toward upgrading will be significantly less.

See the upgrade section of this post from @Robo
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/#post-56958170

Last edited:
What exactly did you confirm? Are these tickets from before the implementation of expiration dates? Or did you simply confirm that they will still be worth something after the expiration date. The whole expiration date just means that you have to pay up to the current ticket price to use them after that date.

If these are from before the expiration date implementation, then they aren't near as valuable for bridging to an AP.
I chatted with UCT out of curiosity and they said they are the old tickets from prior to Feb change and there is no expiration date-so presumably they'd only be worth $467 toward an AP upgrade but a great deal for a 7 day ticket

Can I add 2 more days at Guest Services for the $15 per day charge to these tickets?

Actually that's too bad if one wants to upgrade as others mentioned. If one is just using them it's fine but for upgrading one will get less credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter