• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FLA residents needs help with the dining plan

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
DH and I have annual passes...is there any way we can purchase the dining plan? I thought I read that I can purchase one single day pass and have the dining added on...is that true? Do I have to purchase a ticket for each of us?

You can get the dining plan if you you do not use your florida resident discount and if you purchase atleast one day passes each (you can use the value of these to renew your annual pass). WHile you can not have the resident discount, you can get an AAA discount if you book through them. According to mousesavers.com you can use the same general public discount that is supposed to be room only for august september towards the room portion of a package. And sometimes other deals are offered that decrease the cost. technically for the dining plan you have purchase your room at rack rate, and have all people on the reservation having the same tickets and dining plan all purchased together as one package.

OR...you could rent a DVC ressie any time with no codes, etc and buy the DDP without buying a park pass you don't need. You'd have to compare that to CRO and AAA deals to see which was the best for you.

beth_cam said:
I always forget to put in that dvc side of things lol.
And I don't know the other side, which is precisely why I didn't answer the question sooner. I was hoping someone would step up and give them good advice on the most likely alternative...which you did. Thanks.

To OP:
Here's a link to a thread about this same question:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1124834

In short: We are seasonal AP holders as well. We wanted to take advantage of the DDP during the free promotion. We booked a value resort (must be for a minimum of 3 nights) with no AP or FL resident discounts, purchased a one-day ticket for each member of our party (2 adults, 2 kids) which turned out to be about $240. We will be able to use that amount towards renewal of the passes when they come due next May. I posted the email that I received from Disney in this thread. At least the cost of the one-day passes won't go to waste. I made sure of that before I booked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter