Fixed Week 51 Studio for CCV - Worth It?

You do pay a 10% premium of the cost of the room. However, since those amounts were established, the point charts have seen some adjustments so some fixed weeks have gone up in point cost which means that 10% premium isn’t still 10%.
Can‘t you just look at the point charts each year to see if the fixed week requires more points and then just cancel and the full points returned?

I would ABSOLUTELY do a fixed week. Christmas time is super popular and only becoming more so. We own a week 50 shower studio there. The premium this year is 11 points. Cost wise, annualizing the buy in, I figure it’s about $120 per year ish. That is WELL worth not having to walk, deal with member services, or wake up super early to stalk dates. The reservation just appears on your dash board. And if points readjust, you still have your week. With recent changes, I firmly believe those two weeks in December are going up over time.

Hopefully, the guarantee will also bolster resale if we would ever sell. A guaranteed week is a great idea and essential to staying at Wilderness Lodge during the holidays on a consistent basis.

Best wishes

Can‘t you just look at the point charts each year to see if the fixed week requires more points and then just cancel and the full points returned?

If you want to chance not getting it, absolutely. But, what do you do with the few extra points if you get it?

Might not be enough to book an 8th night. You could bank them, but those can not be used when they book the FW so youd still have to find a way the next year to use them up.

We could not do a FW because we very rarely travel 7 nights so I just ended up with 175 at RIV and plan to compete each year! Lol

If you want to chance not getting it, absolutely. But, what do you do with the few extra points if you get it?

Might not be enough to book an 8th night. You could bank them, but those can not be used when they book the FW so youd still have to find a way the next year to use them up.

We could not do a FW because we very rarely travel 7 nights so I just ended up with 175 at RIV and plan to compete each year! Lol
My initial idea is to bank the points and use them the following year in a 1BR after declining the fixed week that year too. In year 3, I would again have the option to use it that week or not. I have other contracts and could combine/transfer points to use for a larger extended family trip at a different time.
A lot depends on what happens as our adult kids get older and have to split holiday with the in-laws. Then DH and I would be happy to spend the holidays at WDW.

My initial idea is to bank the points and use them the following year in a 1BR after declining the fixed week that year too. In year 3, I would again have the option to use it that week or not. I have other contracts and could combine/transfer points to use for a larger extended family trip at a different time.
A lot depends on what happens as our adult kids get older and have to split holiday with the in-laws. Then DH and I would be happy to spend the holidays at WDW.

That makes sense!!

Is it worth it to purchase a fixed week studio for CCV for week 51 (161 points or 34k)? Or should I just buy more points with resale (e.g., 200)? We may eventually want to start booking 1BR.

for 34k you can buy around 300-315 SSR points. More points is better!

Just as an update, we ended up purchasing a fixed week 51 last week ahead of our current cruise. They were able to sell them for 161 pts (instead of the inflated 199 favorite week). Not sure if it’s because I talked to a guide in December on a cruise or not, or the new guide had to pull some strings.

Just as an update, we ended up purchasing a fixed week 51 last week ahead of our current cruise. They were able to sell them for 161 pts (instead of the inflated 199 favorite week). Not sure if it’s because I talked to a guide in December on a cruise or not, or the new guide had to pull some strings.
Fixed weeks charts are set when the association is opened. As a result some weeks can actually become bargains as the regular points charts change around them. December is becoming a relative bargain at all guaranteed week resorts except the new studios at the GF.

Fixed weeks charts are set when the association is opened. As a result some weeks can actually become bargains as the regular points charts change around them. December is becoming a relative bargain at all guaranteed week resorts except the new studios at the GF.
This is no longer true. The Fixed weeks have been modified and updated for both Riviera and Copper Creek alongside the new VGF offering. The days of getting a good deal on a fixed week have well and truly passed.

This is no longer true. The Fixed weeks have been modified and updated for both Riviera and Copper Creek alongside the new VGF offering. The days of getting a good deal on a fixed week have well and truly passed.
I agree. If they had stayed at 199 pts, I think we would’ve passed for getting enough resale points eventually for a 1BR. At 161 pts, that was enough for us to pull the trigger and pay the convenience price if need be to guarantee results. Alternatively, I’d try with extra points and if we manage to snag those dates, cancel the reservation. We’d have extra points since the first trip won‘t be until 2023, although like other people with fixed weeks, ours said it was guaranteed to have for Jan. 1, 2022 (though I doubt they would honor the Dec. 2022 given this later in the year).

for 34k you can buy around 300-315 SSR points. More points is better!
I agree! We want to stay in a CCV cabin for Thanksgiving week one year, and man oh man.. that is a LOT of points! Not in the foreseeable future, but hoping one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter