Fitbit Flex

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a Fit Bit Flex? What do you think. I know that all the tools in the world world can't lose the weight for me I have to do the work...but hoping it might help motivate me to put the work in.

If you feel like you can afford the $100 then I don't see how it can hurt. Plus you can return it before the month is out if it feels like it isn't working.

Anything that has the potential to make you more aware is a bonus in my book.

You are right, having it alone will not make you lose the weight but there is something to be said for awareness.

I am finding it triggers some of my slight OCD tendancies so I do laps around my house at night to get in the steps to make my goal for the day. I also find I have to work more than I thought I would to get my step goal for the day if it is not a run day.

I've tried several pedometers over the years but I forget to put it on, it falls off, it gets lost, I break it etc. The flex is great because I wear it and forget it.

It is also slightly illuminating to see how little sleep I am getting. I know I don't get enough sleep but when I get to the end of a week and see that I slept less than 5 hours a night 5 of 7 nights I see why I'm tired. Its easy (for me at least) to brush that off. Getting only 4 hours of sleep a night is hard on my health and effects my fitness levels so being aware that it was not an isolated event for the week helps me to try to break the cycle.

I have a FitBit One and absolutely :love: it! keeps me motivated. i'm 'friends' with my mom and daughter and couple friends so seeing their steps keeps me on track. I love the sleep tracking too. I sync it to MFP for food accountability. the Flex wasn't available when I bought mine, or I would've probably get it instead

If you feel like you can afford the $100 then I don't see how it can hurt. Plus you can return it before the month is out if it feels like it isn't working.

Anything that has the potential to make you more aware is a bonus in my book.

:thumbsup2

I just got a fitbit flex about 2 weeks ago and I totally love it. I do find it very motivating and I find myself trying to move a little more when I see I am getting close to lighting up a new light. I actually got over 13,000 steps today and I don't know that I would have done that without the flex.

I'm thinking of getting the flex too. How does it distinguish if you are on the elliptical or walking? Do you have to log in and specify what activity you are doing?

I don't think it does distinguish between activities. I don't think it registers cycling but everything else is OK. It is pretty accurate, even when the wrist I have it on isn't moving it registers steps, in my experience.

desiree -- there are other apps the fitbit syncs with, like myfitnesspal. but I find the same to be true, it registers elliptical but not bike. someday I play Just Dance for my exercise and it registers that too

Hmmm.....I'm still trying to decide. I was looking at the jawbone "up" too. Still debating whether I want to spend the money on either. Thanks for the feedback though!

I have the UP instead of the flex. I like the app better.LOL.

I did 13,000 steps yesterday. Only 5,000 do far today.

Ana

desiree -- there are other apps the fitbit syncs with, like myfitnesspal. but I find the same to be true, it registers elliptical but not bike. someday I play Just Dance for my exercise and it registers that too

A great place to sync the FitBit is on the Walgreen's website. If you have the Walgreen's Balance Reward card you can earn points for the steps you take. I think it adds 20 points for every mile you walk or run. It happens automatically! You can earn $5 for 5000 points. I have earned about 2700 points and I joined two weeks ago today.

Also it might be interesting to any of you FitBit users that there is a forum on the FitBit community board that is for DISboard members! Come join us.
Lynda

A great place to sync the FitBit is on the Walgreen's website. If you have the Walgreen's Balance Reward card you can earn points for the steps you take. I think it adds 20 points for every mile you walk or run. It happens automatically! You can earn $5 for 5000 points. I have earned about 2700 points and I joined two weeks ago today.

Also it might be interesting to any of you FitBit users that there is a forum on the FitBit community board that is for DISboard members! Come join us.
Lynda

The Balance Steps Rewards with Walgreens gives you 20 points for each mile walked/ran UP TO 1000 points per month. You get points for syncing a devise, logging your weight, setting goals, logging other activity. But only 1000 points a month for walking/running.

Lynda

Do you have a link? It is almost impossible to find a group on the community page. I've been looking but haven't found it yet..

Hubby and I both have the Fitbit Ultra. Love it. I just got the flex yesterday at Best Buy. I wanted the Flex because you can wear it in the pool. (The Up can not be worn in the pool) I do water walking 2 days a week and also water aerobics 2 days a week. I can not wait to see how far I really walk in water walking. Did 2 miles outside today...the humidity was starting to get high but I stuck it out and finished 3 miles.
Love the Walgreens idea...going to check that out now!

Barb

I*heart*minnie - How are you liking the Flex? I think I'm more and more convinced to give it a try!

Hubby got me one for an early birthday present! I found the group and just added myself to it. I can tell that I'm really going to like this gadget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter