Fishing trips

aaronandterri

<font color=darkorchid>We love disney!<br><font co
DH has booked fishing before , done lake fishing and the disney one, this time were taking my grandad is is a big fisherman, id like to book him some fishing trips, a lake one near disney and a sea one so we can have some beach days(havent booked that part yet so am flexible on location) anyone got any reccomendations, it would need to be a company that supply everything as we cant take his stuff with us!

hubby and dad enjoyed the disney fishing but the lake one they booked was a bit naff last year so looking for reccomendations this time.

terri xx

Hi there, DFi is a keen fisherman too (and he wasn't impressed with Disneys fishing either!).

We spent a few days relaxing in Clearwater (at the Hilton, right opposite the marina) and both of us did a days sea fishing - which I really enjoyed too even though I do not fish at home. We used a guy called Captain Butch (great name for a Captain!) and his boat called the Phantom, here's his website: http://www.captainbutch.com/index.html

There are lots of other boats along the marina at Clearwater and they have boards alongside them advertising if they need any people for the next days trips, so you could always take a chance and see if any are available at short notice - we had pre-booked ahead a few months before.

We caught lots of fish and as Captain Butch was filleting them back at the marina we had plenty of hungry pelicans wanting the bones - they are huge birds close up! We took a few fillets each back to our Hotel and had them cooked for our tea by the local restaurant, Crabby Bills, for $5 each I think. DFi really enjoyed himself, and he is a serial fisherman - he even took a telescopic fishing rod in his case and fished Hourglass lake at the Pop and off Pier 60 at Clearwater :goodvibes

A friend of ours takes a couple of days out fishing in Clearwater too :thumbsup2

Not sure who they go out with but I know they've gone a few times :)

Hi, John pass village St Petes Beach area has lots of fishing charters etc. We watched them dock at night. Everybody looked like they had a great time. you can hire fishing gear and bait from the boat. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter