Fishing excursions

dreamscometrue

Mouseketeer
Hi there~ hoping to do a fishing excursion on our next trip this July. I am wondering if someone who has done the excursion can recommend where we should go out of???? I read something about an excursion in the water of EPCOT's World Showcase... would that leave from the Yacht club? Any feedback from your experiences would be appreciated!! : )

THANKS!!

1) Best fishing is on Bay Lake.
2) Leave from CR, WL or GF.
3) Take the early morning excursion for best catches.
4) Just take the 2-hr versus 3-hr tour, even if you have the professor on board.

Couldn't agree with Rusty more!

We went out of the Poly on an early morning excursion. We fished right off the Garden Wing of the CR, but moved to the docks off the WL once traffic started getting busy there. We didn't catch much off the CR, but we landed a whole bunch at the WL. Everyone waiting for the ferry to the MK applauded every time we caught one!

Ask for Brian, he was an exceptional guide, and he dropped us off right at the MK when we were done!

Sorry to intrude on your post, but how much does something like this cost and do they provide the fishing equipment? My husband would love it.

Sorry to intrude on your post, but how much does something like this cost and do they provide the fishing equipment? My husband would love it.

1) Fishing times:
. . . 7:00am - 9:00am (2-hrs)
. . . 10:00am - 12:00pm (2-hrs)
. . . 10:00am - 2:00pm (2-hrs)
. . . 1:30pm - 3:30pm (2-hrs)
. . . 7:00am - 12:00pm (4-hrs)
2) Cost per boat, not per person - - tip not included
. . . $170 - 2 Hours (Single Person) 1:30pm
. . . $270 - 2 Hours (2-5 People) 7:00am & 10:00am
. . . $235 - 2 Hours (2-5 People) 1:30pm
. . . $455 - 4 Hours (2-5 People) 7:00am
3) Included
. . . all fishing equip (no discount if you use your own equip)
. . . bait
. . . refreshments (guests can't bring coolers)

Another intruder on your post op, lol! My brother is an excellent fisherman and he would love to know where the "monster" bass are. If he knows where to find them, he'll catch them. Does anyone know where the really big ones are? What's the biggest bass anyone has caught at Disney?

We have done both early am and the 1:30pm fishing excursions and caught tons of fish both times. On the last excursion, we were told that some of the best fish can be caught from a YC/BC departure point at the dock near HS.

I have a question - do AP holders get a discount on fishing excursions?

Thanks!

We have done both early am and the 1:30pm fishing excursions and caught tons of fish both times. On the last excursion, we were told that some of the best fish can be caught from a YC/BC departure point at the dock near HS.

I have a question - do AP holders get a discount on fishing excursions?

Thanks!

Greetings fellow Jerseyan! AP holders get a 10% discount o the fishing excursion. If you pick up the Birnbaum Guide at your local bookstore, there is a coupon in the back of the book for a slightly better discount, I believe 15-20%.

Having said that, I got a 15% discount for showing my AP.

We did a fishing excursion out of the Yacht & Beach Club in February. We fished in that body of water (is it Crescent Lake?) for a bit, then went up the canal and into the World Showcase Lagoon. Our guide told us that the 7 AM trip is the only one that can go there, because things start getting busy later in the morning. I can't speak to where the best fishing is, but there were three of us, and we each caught several fish - not really huge bass, but pretty good size. The weather was just coming off a cold snap, so the fish may not have been as active as they might have in warmer conditions. But it was very cool being out on the World Showcase Lagoon and seeing everything from a different perspective. We used the Birnbaum coupon for a 20% discount.

We did a fishing excursion from Poly one year and then from YC next year. Both at 7am. It was fun to fish in the Epcot waters but we all enjoy the excursion from Poly better-caught more/bigger fish.

Another intruder.... we have ressies for 7am, but was hoping to move it to 10am (it will be a non-park day and was hoping for some sleep :)
Is it really that much better at 7am? DH thinks so, but was hoping for some more opinions in my favor ;)

I would keep the 7am appt. Nothing like bass fishing right at sunrise. Cooler mornings, quieter, and usually (from past non-Disney fishing experience) it can be a magical hour or so of fish activity.

I have always loved first light and last light for those magic "witching" hours for fish to turn on. As the heat of the day comes, the fish get more scattered and go deeper in the water to stay cooler.

The one question I have is regarding the equipment they furnish. Are the reels all spinning reels or do they give you the option of baitcasters as well. I prefer baitcasters over spinning for bass fishing.

I would keep the 7am appt. Nothing like bass fishing right at sunrise. Cooler mornings, quieter, and usually (from past non-Disney fishing experience) it can be a magical hour or so of fish activity.

I have always loved first light and last light for those magic "witching" hours for fish to turn on. As the heat of the day comes, the fish get more scattered and go deeper in the water to stay cooler.

The one question I have is regarding the equipment they furnish. Are the reels all spinning reels or do they give you the option of baitcasters as well. I prefer baitcasters over spinning for bass fishing.

All the tackle provided were spincast. I guess you could ask for baitcast. Our trip was at 1:30 and we did just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!