• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fishing at POR

revdon64

DIS Veteran
I know that this is something that the resort offers, but has anyone done it and is it worth doing? (Catch anything? Fun?)

My DH is a fisherman (lake mostly) and he had no interest but we walked down there.
I remember thinking it was a bit expensive or just more than I thought it should be.

There was two boys with their own poles (everyone else had the cane pole rental) and they said they did not catch anything. We did not ask what the water was stocked with. I did not see anyone catching anything in 15 minutes or so of hanging out there.

A niece & I did this years ago. It was Jan so we didn't catch anything (too cold) & no nibbles. We were the only ones out & about. Maybe better luck when its warmer?

OK, sounds like a bust. We'll be there in January as well, so we'll just look to do something at Springs instead. Thanks for the feedback.

My son and I did it twice. Once in late January and once in June. The time in January we had a good time. We fished for about an hour and caught some catfish. They were big and fought hard. Very hard to land though because of the cane pole (no reel) and small openings in the railing to grab the fish. It didn't take long to realize that the only way to catch fish was to let the worm just sit on the bottom.

The second time we went in June it was just too hot. Tried the same technique as the first time but nothing. It was obvious that they weren't biting because no one was catching anything.

I understand from talking to the CM attendant that there are bass and other panfish in there in addition to the catfish. They charge you in 15 min increments I think. I'm surprise they allowed anyone to bring their own pole as the prior poster indicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter