Fish Extenders

Something Original

Earning My Ears
Hi. I've been on 2 Disney Cruises, but I've never done fish extenders. Is it something that I should try next time? If so, how would I go about it? Do I just give random people stuff? And what things could I put in people's fish extenders? Thanks for the help.

Hi. I've been on 2 Disney Cruises, but I've never done fish extenders. Is it something that I should try next time? If so, how would I go about it? Do I just give random people stuff? And what things could I put in people's fish extenders? Thanks for the help.

You can give random people stuff, which is referred to as pixie dusting. But if you want to be sure you receive something in return, you have to join a FE group. These are handled through the Cruise Meets subforum here. There are pinned posts at the top of that forum which will help you find your cruise meet group. Then you can check that group to see if someone has set up a FE exchange. If no one has set it up yet, you are welcome to take over the organization.

We did FE a couple times, but the novelty wore off quickly for me. The past few cruises we haven't done a group and I'm just fine with that.

We enjoy doing FE. You need to join a group for your cruise. Different groups handle things their own way. Most are pretty relaxed and will help you know what to do. If you don't find a group here you might find one on the social media site that can't be mentioned. Just search for your ship and cruise dates. Good luck and enjoy!

If you would like to try it, I would like to recommend that you get in the earliest group when they first start the FE list. These are the people who usually have a definite gift that they create for the cruise. Sometimes the late additions are all glow sticks and stickers. Start with a small group and have fun with making/buying for each person. I think feels like you are starting the cruise a little earlier. Kids get a kick out of helping you make/buy gifts for the few on your list that you are not sure what to give so make sure to consult them.

I resemble that remark. GUILTY!
Not all stickers are bad though, characters that can be put in a coloring book or on a school folder. Those that are special or have a special use are cool. You know more like the size of a dollar bill and bigger than the size of a quarter.

Same thing for glow sticks, some are pretty cool. If they make a pair glasses, look like a light saber, fishing pole,... I don’t know what kind of goofy things they make them in now days.
My first year I also gave out stickers and glow sticks but then I got to see how many people were giving out the exact same thing and I wanted to make sure that if I did that again it would be something different and special.
Second time I gave out a few pairs of Glow Stick Glasses to some of the younger boys. I think there is a glow stick tiara now I haven’t seen what that looks like out of the package though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter