First week in December

I find anytime from Thanksgiving to the end of the year to be very crowded. We quit going during any of that time.

I find anytime from Thanksgiving to the end of the year to be very crowded. We quit going during any of that time.

We are planning a trip next year and Thanksgiving is the last week of November vs the 3rd week that it is this year. So it looks like there is a week between a thanksgiving and Jersey week. Based on that it seems that week will be quieter than the week after thanksgiving which is the first week of december.

Has anyone done both and compared how those weeks are?

Will be there Dec 1-7. Got all the ADRs and FPs we wanted so good to go! Got slinky dog twice and even managed a first day FOP 30some days out.

We are planning a trip next year and Thanksgiving is the last week of November vs the 3rd week that it is this year. So it looks like there is a week between a thanksgiving and Jersey week. Based on that it seems that week will be quieter than the week after thanksgiving which is the first week of december.

Has anyone done both and compared how those weeks are?

I have a many years back but I would think that’s a great week to go!

We're there 11/27 - 12/8, and it's a great time typically. Measuring the amount of people by the amount of posts isn't going to give you any type of good gauge on crowd level. You could take all the posts here about that time frame and not fill of the carousel of progress...

Thanksgiving week is obviously a week to avoid, if possible, but stop sweating what you cannot control, it'll be very similar to what TP suggests most likely. Oddly, I have everything I need except 7 dwarfs, and my minions have been working day and night on getting that for over a month.

I am going 11/29-12/5. One thing I refuse to worry about is how many people are there as there is nothing I can do about it. If its crowded, fine, if its not, then that's fine too. I've been during Spring break when it was wall to wall people and still had a great time. Life is too short to worry about the crowds at WDW. I am there and that is what matters.

I think Disney is always busy, no matter what the crowd predictors forecast. We will visit 3 times this year. In April it was supposed to be threes and fours the week we were there, but it felt packed to us. In early September it was shown as ones and twos, but in we still thought it was pretty busy. We are going back from Dec 3-10, and we just assume that it will be slammed and plan accordingly. If it isn't, we'll look at it as a bonus, but we go into each trip expecting the crowds will be there--it's part of the experience. If you let the assumption that heavy crowds will ruin your vacation, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Bottom line--just assume that it is always busy. Decide what is important to your family and plan accordingly, but when that is done, just have fun.

I think what people have to appreciate when looking at TP's crowd calendar is their new system since 2015 and updated in 2017. The difference in ride wait times between each number is not as long as it used to be and what is now a one is still a 60 min wait on the most popular rides and a 15 to 20 min wait on less popular ones. There is no such thing as a 1 being walk on for most rides and 20-50 min waits for popular ones. If you take that into consideration you will realize that a day that is a 4-5 is pretty crowded. It is not wall to wall people which is what a 10 is now but it is closer to what a 10 was in 2011. I agree with all the previous posters who say that there is no slow time at WDW anymore. TP's realizes that and adjusted their crowd calendar to reflect that. WDW is always crowded. It depends on your tolerance for crowds. It seems some people don't mind crowds and others do. If you go in expecting it to be very crowded and it is you won't be surprised. So if it is less crowded than you expected it will be a bonus. That is how I am looking at my trip this year from Nov 25th to Dec 5th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter