First Visit For Family

tinkerjess

Mouseketeer
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: THIS IS THE FAMILYS FIRST TRIP TO DW :cloud9: :cloud9: DDprincess: 3 DS:cool1: 9 AND ANY TIPS WOULD BE GREAT! WE ARS STAYING AT POP THE FIRST WEEK IN DEC2008:santa:

Congrats...you will have so much fun. Buy a guidebook now or 2 or 3 and read as much as you can on here. If you have an idea of the layout of the parks and the rides you will not wander around amelessly. It is big!!!! Did you get the free DVD? It is great and the kids will like it too.We stayed at POP in Jan 2007 and were happy there but it is big...we paid the extra for preferred rooms and it is woirth it. The food court was great for breakfast and we had dinner there one night. Make dinner res. before you go. if you want to eat in the table service rest. We did the the dining plan and felt it was worth it. We were 6 of us...me, DH, DS, DD, DSIL, DGS who is 7. It was his second trip and we plan to go back Jan 2009. I have been 14 times since 1983 with a 10 year absence from 1995 to 2005.Send your souvies back to the hotel do not carry them. Wear comfy shoes and have fanny backs for everyone.

You will love going at that time. We went at that time a lot before we had kids and before they started school.

You will want to make sure that you hear the christmas stories of each country in EPCOT. They have the time posted and it is a lot of fun to hear the Christmas traditions of each country. The Candlelight procession is also a good show to catch.

In MGM you will want to see the Osbourn lights. Try to catch the christmas parade in MK also.

Those are a few things I can think of.

This is a great time to go to WDW. The crowds tend to be a bit thinner the week after Thanksgiving until the week of Xmas. We will be staying at the BWV 12/6-12/13. There is so much to do and see during the Xmas season. Plan on doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, it's great. It is a hard ticket event and I think the tickets go on sale at the begining of May. The decorations at the parks and the resorts are just wonderful. If you go on www.allearsnet.com there is quite a bit of information on the happenings at WDW during the Xmas season. Have a wonderful time.:wave2:

You will have so much fun. We went last year with DH and DDs 4 and 1. We are going again this year. One advice i have is go to www.tourguidemike.com The information was invaluable in saving time around the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter