First trip with baby!

Sebby293

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My husband and I are huge Disney fans and have been to Disney world more times than we can count, but this will be our first trip with our baby girl. She’ll be 7 (almost 8) months when we go so I’m just looking for any and all advice! She’ll likely still be on a two naps a day schedule, and we plan to go back to the room for the afternoon nap during the hottest part of the day since we’re going at the end of May. We also plan to just take it slow and go with the flow since we go so often and know we’ll be back eventually, but I’m still nervous about how she’s going to do! She’s still not a great sleeper (soooo many contact naps) so I’m hoping she’ll be better by then and able to take her morning nap either in the stroller or baby carrier (though I’m worried she might get too hot in the carrier!).
Please hit me with all of your advice on going with littles!!!!!

We have friends that are in a similar situation. We were just talking about this. I suspect you'll have this all figured out on your own. The fact that you are veterans means you know that you don't have to run yourself into the ground. Pay attention to your daughter's cues. For example, our one daughter got hangry. So we made sure to keep her fed at the right times. There was also the naps. We did it with a large family group so the naps actually happened in the stroller. Sometimes it was just taking her to a more isolated spot without all of the sensory overload. The carrier might be a challenge as you noted the heat. But you do what works for you guys and your baby girl.

Keeping little ones on their normal schedule is what worked best for us. then work disney around her nap schedule

We took are LO when we was 18 months, so obviously older than your child. While I thought I was prepared for everything - I was not prepared for the heat rash he got from napping in the stroller. We did have a portable fan with usb back up charger but I wish I would’ve thought to maybe turn him on his side when he slept and to have brought something to treat the heat rash.

If you are going during hot weather, really pay attention to how she seems to be handling the heat. A few years ago I went with my cousin and her twin toddlers. One of the toddlers handled the heat fine, the other did not. :(

Take advantage of baby care stations and AC, and be prepared for heat rash. If you plan on doing baby wearing and/or mainly stroller, make sure to practice ahead of time - both to get the baby used to whichever method and stroller you are going to use, but also so you feel confident in handling the stroller and whatever you use for baby wearing.

Don’t know when your trip is. Mine are now 34 and 26. But when DD made her first trip to WDW at 8 months, these awesome ways to get naps in , in the parks: Monorail to Epcot. The BEST. Several loops around with a book for me and a full nap for her. American Adventure. Hall of Presidents. Naps in the baby care centers. I also put her for naps in her stroller so she got used to it. A little fan to attach to the stroller.

Pro tip: Don’t take your 8 month old infant to Its Tough to Be a Bug.

I appreciate it also as we're planning a trip with our DGD, who'll be 7 months. She's kind of young, but her 2 older sisters will be 10 and 12, so DS was afraid the 2 older ones wouldn't want to go if we wait much longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter