First trip to Disney

AugustMommy

AugustMommy
Hi there - we are planning a trip to Disney in March. Our DS will be 5 and DD will be 2 and a half. He is very into Spider-man and such, and she loves the Princesses and Tinkerbell especially. We have never been to Disney before. What were your favorite things to do? Any recommendations given the above info would be GREAT! I would really love to give my family a trip they will always remember -
Thanks so much :)

All of the little shows that they do around the park that aren't the main attractions are fun, such as the storyellers in Epcot, and the sword in the stone. Also, it might be fun to do the Tommorowland Transit Authority. It's a tram tour of Tomorrowland that never has a wait and is excellent for a break.

Plutopuppy's dd12 here.

We took our first trip almost 2 months ago, and are planning to return when I turn 13. Here are some things our family loved.

Magic Kingdom
-Cinderellabration is really cute, especially if your daughter loves Princesses.
-I am twelve, but me and my mom loved Winnie the Pooh. Really cute.
- If your kids like pooh bear, I suggest Crystal Palace. Great food and Pooh characters- what more can you ask for? We had a window table, and people were watching us eat. That was annoying.
- Toontown for Character greets- they turned out great. Be prepared for long lines.The pooh bear one is usually shortest.Princess is longest. We experienced.
- TTA is fun if your kids are ok with the dark.
- If you don't see Philharmagic, you are missing one of the best attractions in Florida. It is really good- our family saw it 4 times!
- Space mountain was the best ride. Make sure your kids are ok with the dark and all sorts of twist and turning, height requirement.
- Buzz Lightyear- Really fun. Shoot an alien for me!

EPCOT

- Honey, I shrunk the audience was scary, awful, and terrible! while my parents liked it, I sat there shaking! When the mice run under your seat, I was crying. I'm a wimp. Now everyone knows.
- Test Track- WOO HOO!!!!!! Really cool. I think that there may be a height requirement, so watch out.
- Soarin'- Awesome.You won't believe it. There is a height requirement.
- Garden Grill was awesome. Good food, and chip and dale.
- World showcase was fun fun. Yummy.

Disney Studios

Not much to say except Go See The Muppets.

Animal Kingdom

Not a family fave. Too hot.

That is just what we thought. Take everyones tips, and have a great trip.

You mentioned that your son likes spider man and such. Unfortunately there are no action figure hero types at Disney. You would have to go to Universal IOA most likely to see those type of characters. There are a lot of fun things to see and do at Disney and I'm sure whatever you do see he will enjoy. Our first trip was when my older children were 9 and 10. Even at that age they were extremely excited to see the characters which really surprised me. We are taking our 5 year old, 15 year old, and 16 year old back in July. I can hardly wait for the reactions from our youngest one. The last time she was at disney she was 18 months old. Younger children will probably enjoy WDW the most. ;)

My 2 boys are now 6 and they once loved Spiderman too but now that they know they are going to WDW, they want to see the disney characters. :dumbo: ::MickeyMo pluto: pooh: :eeyore: :stitch: I don't hear much about that other superhero :charac4: anymore

At MGM, the Muppets 3D show and the Playhouse Disney show are a must. When we were there last year, the Power Rangers were hanging around the LMA arena. Maybe the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at MGM too. It was closed due to rain so we missed that. Beauty and the Beast bored both of our kids but we hope to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid next year.
At Epcot, Turtle Talk with Crush is a definite but beware of long wait times. Our oldest sat right in the front and talked to Crush for quite a bit. Honey I Shrunk the Audience was fun for older but may scare your ages. We rode 'the ball ride' twice because it was 'the ball ride'. We missed most of the World Showcase due to rain but enjoyed Rio del Tiempo in Mexico.
At AK, you have to do The Boneyard. Rafikis Planet Watch and Kilimanjaro Safaris were also neat. Its Tough to be a Bug may be too scary, depending on your kids scare levels. We also enjoyed the Festival of the Lion King.
At MK, pretty much anything is good. Make sure you stand in line to meet the princesses but prepare for a long wait. We got to meet and take pictures with Snow White, Cinderella and Belle. Although we waited about an hour, we did get to spend several minutes with the princesses. You will hear that you can see Tink during Wishes but if they keep that feature, don't get your DD too excited about it because she might not see her.
Outside of the parks, in DTD, there is a bench in one of the stores, World of Disney maybe, that has a princess statue on one or both sides. Very cute photo opp. Also don't miss the Lego store, your DS can build while your DD plays on the little play area.
When you ride the monorail, ask to sit in the front with the conductor. You get a really neat view and might get a co-conductor card when you are done.
Although we are hoping to do a princess meal next year, we did Chef Mickeys last year for dinner and we all loved it.
That's all I can think of right now.

Yes you must take them to charactor meals. Don't forget to get your little girl a princess or tinkerbell outfit to weat. Also each child needs an autograph book and a fat pen. Don't forget your camera. Have fun!

You can see the PowerRangers, Buzz Lightyear, and the Incredibles at MGM. My boys loved them all!!! The also liked seeing the Cars from the new movie.

I just wanted to mention( not sure if you are willing to travel out of Disney)
But if your son really loves spiderman(like mine does). He is at Islands of Adventure, with other superheroes, I know there is a parade of superheroes, and A Spiderman Character Breakfast!!! Which sounds awesome(it's on my to do list). And of course you will find plenty to do for your daughter.

One of our favorite things to do is purchase Disney items ahead of time and leave little tinkerbell gifts. WHen we come back to the room, the kids are amazed at the surprise, and feel very special as well. If your little guy likes super heroes, get pics with the power rangers at MGM. They do great poses with the kids, so he looks like a super hero too.

At Mgm you might get to see Power Rangers, incredibles, Lilo and Stitch, Cars and Buzz and Woody, Monster inc, might be all characters that your little one might like.(check out the time schedual)
At MK, Storytime with Belle is fun, and Character dining is always very special. And everything in Fantasyland.
Animal kingdom, Lion king show is great. And it's tough to be a bug too... but might be to intence for little ones.
Epcot. You can get to see the princesses in their own world, like Belle in France and Mulan in China, Jasmine in Morocco etc... and the lines are not that bad.

My nephews love Spiderman and all the superheros, but they were fine not seeing them in WDW. :) They look to Buzz Lightyear as a superhero too!

Definatley take the time to explore the Living Seas at Epcot. It's been refurbished with a Nemo theme and is really cute. Turtle Talk with Crush is NOT to be missed.

Planning a WDW trip is the KEY to enjoying a magical trip. WDW is not the place you want to go into without any research. Coming here is a great step! You might want to invest in a guidebook or two. The Passporter WDW guide is really great and has kid tips. The Birnbaum's Kids book is great too and has lots of pictures!!! You can get both at amazon.com or at a local Barnes & Noble store.

Have fun planning!!! I hope your trip is a magical one!

My daughetr loves Playhouse Disney and she is six. The characters from JOJO's circus, Pooh and Stanley are there and they sing all the songs. The kids love it! I also heard the wiggles were going to be there at some point but I'm not sure when.I do believe Disney has some new program fopr preschoolers taht offers them special things to do. You may want to check that out or maybe someone here on the boards knows more about this. Have a Wonderful Trip!

the Character meals are a must. Maybe Chef Mickeys or Cinderellas Royal Table since its in the castle... I'd plan at least a day and 1/2 for MK. They would both enjoy MGM for the shows...I'd start looking at some books there is so much to do. They will love it!!! Staying on property makes it much easier, then you can head back for a nap mid day. Plus on property you don't have to pay to park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter