First Trip Sans Kids...Dining Advice?

The Boathouse is awesome. Sanaa at AKL. I've always meant to do tea at the GF.....not sure if you guys would enjoy it, but if you would, that would be more fun without the kids. Heck, you'll probably have such a blast being together as a couple, even the restaurants that you usually think of with your kids will be fun!

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy yourselves.

Disney is a great place for an anniversary celebration!

DH and I went in 2014...he actually proposed at CRT, so I biasedly think it is romantic. I probably would have thought it was more cheesy/awkward without the proposal though...the princesses were cool to meet but also did take away from the romance. I don't usually wish changes on classic Disney spots, but it would be nice if they had and "adults only" section that you could opt to skip the princess interaction and just enjoy the atmosphere and food...then I would DEFINITELY recommend it!

We also LOVED BOG for dinner last trip. If you can make an ADR, then go about 30 minutes before your reserved time and request to eat in the West Wing it is so awesome! It is a darker and more intimate room, and scares some kids (we were told by our server), so more adults. Belle's rose is on display and there are lots of cool details to take in while you are dining. As far as I know, it is also the only restaurant in MK that serves alcohol (though I could be wrong about that)...they have several wine selections. The food itself was phenomenal and the service was excellent. That's also where you can try "The Grey Stuff" and if you're wearing a celebration button I bet they would bring you a complimentary serving....we got some because of our "Just Engaged" button.

We are heading back in Oct. for our first wedding anniversary. Because of MNSSHP we can't go to either of those two restaurants, so our TA booked us a late dinner at California Grill on our actual anniversary. You can have a reservation there at any time and still have access to the exclusive observation deck for fireworks. So if you wanted to go to a 5:30 dinner and then leave and come back later, you can do that.

Another suggestion for finding the romance at Disney....we booked a carriage ride at POR before our California Grill dinner. Not sure if that is something you might want to check out, also ;)

Hey y'all. The hubs and I are taking our first Disney trip without our kids to celebrate our 15 wedding anniversary. Are we crazy for deciding to go to Disney over Jamaica?!

When we visit Disney as a family we have several must eat at places, which are typically chosen based on what the kids love. BUT since we are going sans kids this time I would love to hear dining recommendations that are geared more towards adults...such as some of the fine/signature dining. Any places that are must do's? Any places you guys think are overrated or we should steer clear of? We want to take advantage of trying some new spots that we normally wouldn't try with the kids.

If there is anything else in addition to dining you guys recommend for an adults only trip we would love to hear from ya. Thanks!

*And I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry!
Le Cellier (sp) in the Canada Pavilion at Epcot and Mama Melrose's at Hollywood Studios are two of my favorites.

Go for the full splurge at Victoria and Albert's. The only 5 star restaurant in Florida. Amazing food spellbinding romantic atmosphere and excellent service. Worth every penny, I dare you not to kiss at the table!

My wife and I cancelled our 5 year anniversary trip to Jamaica 2 days before we were going to go and went to Disney instead, and had an amazing time. Since it was last minute we didn't really have any ADRs, but we actually got into California Grill for dinner, and watched the fireworks from the patio outside. Amazing. Standing outside with a nice glass of wine and the music playing with the fireworks was incredible. Highly recommended. We also enjoyed lunch at Raglan Road, and spent some extra time in Disney Springs since our boys would rather rip their fingernails out then have to be there longer than it takes for us to do T-rex, Lego store and Ghirardelli! We also had dinner at Captain's Grille at YC and took a night time walk around the lake and across the boardwalk. Very romantic. It was quiet and very intimate.

Enjoy your time together and savor the opportunity that you can just slow down and take in the Disney atmosphere.

My husband and I honeymooned at WDW (in 2003, so that's been a few years ago....) but we had LATE reservations for CRT on our last night, watched the fireworks from inside the restaurant, and basically closed the restaurant down. By the time we had finished eating, the park was closed and EMPTY. Like just us and a few CM.... We walked around and took pictures and just spent a while enjoying being there without anyone else. It was just so magical! One of the top ten moments of my life, or at least a top contender :) We did not have princesses at our meal (maybe it's different now, but it was not a character meal back then), so that might impact the experience, but I'd highly recommend it!

Hey y'all. The hubs and I are taking our first Disney trip without our kids to celebrate our 15 wedding anniversary. Are we crazy for deciding to go to Disney over Jamaica?!

When we visit Disney as a family we have several must eat at places, which are typically chosen based on what the kids love. BUT since we are going sans kids this time I would love to hear dining recommendations that are geared more towards adults...such as some of the fine/signature dining. Any places that are must do's? Any places you guys think are overrated or we should steer clear of? We want to take advantage of trying some new spots that we normally wouldn't try with the kids.

If there is anything else in addition to dining you guys recommend for an adults only trip we would love to hear from ya. Thanks!

*And I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry!

Not crazy at all! We went to Jamaica on our honeymoon and I can't count the number of times we said we wish we'd honeymooned at WDW or taken. DCL cruise. Jamaica wasn't that great but we have fallen in love with Disney.

We have no wish to go back Jamaica for a second honeymoon. Disney can be very romantic. One of our best romantic experiences was taking the boat back to FQ from DS. The lights and scenery are beautiful and jazz playing on the boat. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter