First trip home to SSR

Pooh667

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We just came back from our first trip home to SSR. We had a wonderful time. We really liked the resort. We were in Congress Park. We liked this location. My kids, ages 7 (boy/girl twins) liked the main pool and they also liked the quiet pool which was right behind us. We stayed in a studio. I had concerns that it wouldn't be roomy enough but it was. The mini fridge was great. The little freezer worked well. We would freeze bottles of water to take to the park. There were 2 washers and 4 dryers right near the quiet pool. We used wegoshop.com and we will use them again. We had a view of Downtown Disney. We were able to see the fireworks (Downtown Disney) from our room just by opening the curtains. My sister, LAWalz23, who was 2 doors down from us had some loud people outside her door one night, but we never heard them. The only thing was that the main pool was a bit of a walk from Congress Park. We are walkers and a bit of a walk never bothers us but it was just so, so hot and it made the walk seem longer. We had sandwiches at Artist Point and at first glance my picky husband wasn't so sure what to get but he ordered and proceeded to taste everyone's sandwiches and liked them all. Anyway we had a great time and look forward to going back. We also look forward to trying all of the DVC resorts.

Thanks for the report! :)

If you don't want to walk to the main pool, just walk to the Congress Park bus stop and jump on the next bus that arrives. It will stop right outside the main pool about 2 minutes later, at which point you disembark and walk right across the street and into the pool complex.

I am glad to see that more and more people are really enjoying SSR as it becomes more of a "full running" facility. I would love a DTD view on our first trip home, but we also enjoy being close enough to walk to the "center" of things and wouldn't mind the Springs either. (heck - put me in a closet at WDW and I would be happy right now!)

Thanks for sharing your report. I think the heat in the summer is really discouraging lots of people from walking over from the CP area to the main pool right now. We have walked it in the much cooler fall temps and it was a breeze. Can't wait to walk to Legoland at night after a bit of dinner. (for my two sons, that is a MUST on any trip!)

Thanks for sharing your fun!

Laura

Hi,

Tjkraz, that is a great idea to catch the bus, that thought never occured to me. I guess the heat was affecting my brain.

Laura, I have a 7 year old son and everytime we go to Disney we must go to the Lego store too.

Thanks for the responses.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a good time with your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter