First Timer to DLP

glewis1123

<font color=blue>The Tag Fairy says hi to Glenda a
Wow - I am so excited - we are planning a 3 week trip to Italy next June with the entire family (13) but since we all use different miles programs - my family couldn't get flights on the same day - so we are flying out 3 days before and going to stop in Paris and go to DLP for the very first time. We'll arrive early morning 8AM on June 17 and then leave for Rome on the 19th.

I need help deciding on a hotel - we'll be using our DVC points since we won't be going to WDW next year and banking the balance. It will be my husband, me and our 12 yr old son.

What about airport transportation to DLP - what do you recommend?

Will we have problems communicating - we don't speak french - are the vocals on the rides all in french? it would make sense- we're in France afterall lol

Any and all advice and recomendations are appreciated!!!! Even info I haven't asked for :flower:

Thank you

As far as hotels are concerned it depends entirely on how much you want to pay. There are off-site hotels which many people recommend or there are 7 on-site hotels ranging from very basic to extremely luxurious. You'd be best to get hold of the official brochure from the Disney website for DLP to see the choice.
You won't need to speak any French if you don't want to - most things are in English and all the CMs speak several languages though most people say a few basics just to be polite "bonjour", "merci" etc.
I know you'll have a WONDERFUL visit!!

Sorry can't help with flights, but there are a few regulars from across the pond so hopefully they will check in.

You'll not have any difficulties with the language. A merci and bonjour will go a long way but most CM's speak English. Those that are multi-lingual have a flag indicating the languages they can speak.

Reid

If you want to use DVC points I guess you should stay at the Sequioa Lodge or Newport Bay Club. That are really nice hotels with a great value.

There is the VEA shuttle from the airport to the DLRP hotels. You will find the bus stops just outside each terminal.

You will be fine with english....I dont speak french myself but never had a problem.

Have a look at my website to see a lot of pics from the hotels and dont hesitate to ask futher questions.

Greets Renate :wizard:

As well as the VEA shuttle bus, you could get the TGV from the airport to DLP.

The train is much quicker - just 12 mins. But you will first have to use an airport shuttle bus to get you over to the station in Terminal 2. This doesn't take very long, but can be a bit of a hassle if you've got lots of luggage.

The VEA takes at least 45 minutes. But as you just get on it outisde your terminal and get off at your hotel, it's the simpler option.

You could also take a taxi - but prices can vary tremendously and you could end up paying a ridiculous fare! Or there are private shuttle cars starting from about 80 - 90 euros (I think) each way.

I think you can only stay at Sequoia Lodge and above with DVC points can't you?

Just a thought, but it could work out better value for money if you rented out your points and then paid cash for hotel and tickets. It would involve a little more effort on your part but you would get better value for money (the only snag would be the exchange rate which is not in your favour just now unfortunately).

Your trip sounds very exciting!

Welcome to the DLP forum and please spend time planning your trip with us :goodvibes

Hi everone - thank you so very much for all the information!!!!!!!

I'vee got the 200 DVC points to use on the hotel and don't really want to deal with renting them - I was thinking of the disneyland hotel being that it is so close to the park. Do any of the hotels have balconies - I love to sit out in the evening and ponder the day with a glass of wine before retiring for the evening.

Are there any must do restaurants while we should try?

This next questions is off-topic - I need to book air from Paris to Rome's FCO airport - does anyone have an idea of what good airfare is - right now I'm seeing $350 - $400. Is that about right or can I wait a bit and see if it drops?

Thank you all for being so helpful

glewis1123 said:
Hi everone - thank you so very much for all the information!!!!!!!

I'vee got the 200 DVC points to use on the hotel and don't really want to deal with renting them - I was thinking of the disneyland hotel being that it is so close to the park. Do any of the hotels have balconies - I love to sit out in the evening and ponder the day with a glass of wine before retiring for the evening.

Are there any must do restaurants while we should try?

This next questions is off-topic - I need to book air from Paris to Rome's FCO airport - does anyone have an idea of what good airfare is - right now I'm seeing $350 - $400. Is that about right or can I wait a bit and see if it drops?

Thank you all for being so helpful

Hi,

there are some balconies at the hotels but not a lot and you cant book them in advance. HNY does not have any balconies.

I just had a look at the DVC points and package prices for the time you are going:

DLH will be 172 or 1269€ ca. 1586$
HNY will be 119 or 882€ ca. 1100$
NPBC will be 108 or 789€ ca. 986$

Restaurants:
Dont miss the Invenions and California Grill at the DLH,great food, great athmophere...okay not cheap.

Flights:
Did you have a look at the lowcost carriers as easyjet.?
The rates you quoted sounds reasonable and usually at Europe the airfare will rise when it comes closer to the date.

HTH
Renate :wizard:

For airfare, I've noticed that for multi-city European trips, Air France often has the best deals for stop-overs. I'd recommend seeing what it would cost to fly from the US to Paris, Paris to Rome, and then Rome to Paris and Paris to the US. The layover on the way home isn't the greatest, but it will probably be a lot cheaper than flying directly from Rome.

My favorite DLP restaurants overall are the California Grill and Inventions, both in the Disneyland Hotel. Within the parks, Auberge de Cendrillon in Disneyland Park is my favorite, with Blue Lagoon in second place. Here's more of my thoughts on DLP restaurants .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter