First timer at Disneyland

CCI also has a free continental breakfast (pretty good variety and filling), which really helps with the budget over a multi-day trip. I don't think HoJo offers breakfast, but there are lots of places for quick meals on the way to the parks, e.g. McDonald's, Starbucks (in DTD and in the parks), Panera, etc.

Yep, the breakfast at CCI is pretty good for a continental breakfast, definitely helps a family on a budget. Another think to consider OP is to ask for gift cards for gifts to places nearby/in park like McDs and others theluckyrabbit mentions to help. And also turn in your change to coinstar for a no service fee gift card to Starbucks, Mc Donalds, etc. i've also done online surveys for gift cards. A $5 gift card here and there saved up over the course of the time you have can really soften the blow come time for your trip and make it less stressful.

We just got back from our first trip to DLR and, like you, always stay onsite at WDW. We ended up at the Hojo (check out the Dis discount!) for all but our last night, which we spent at Grand Californian on rented points. We liked the Hojo a lot, but I must say the walk felt a bit far at night on tired feet. However, it was clean and comfortable and we'd definitely stay there again.

While I still consider WDW home, as a Disney fan, it was great getting to see Walt's park. Make sure you go see the bench he was sitting on when he got the idea for Disneyland. It's in the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln building.

For race weekends, I split time between off-site and Paradise Pier Hotel - just because PPH is so much easier to get to the race start area since you don't have to cross the Esplanade or Downtown Disney.

For non-race days, I always stay at the Fairfield Inn because 1) it's a Marriott and I'm all about that points life and 2) I like the location. I can always see Space Mountain from right outside my room, have a great view of the fireworks from the pool (if they actually happen that night!) and there's both a McDonald's and a Panera in the parking lot that you pass on the way to the parks. I can usually get from my room to bag check in about 10 minutes or less, so it's real convenient! I've never paid more than $140/night there, and my rate is usually right around $100/night with the MMF corporate code. There's a Pizza Hut/convenience store on the third floor and another store in the lobby that sells drinks and snacks for pretty reasonable prices, so it's nice to have.

I try my best not to go back to the room until the end of the day, so it's convenient to rent a locker in the Esplanade to store your stuff (for me, like my backpack with a change of shoes if I want it, jacket for nightime because California gets chilly at night, etc.) and then just grab stuff as I go back and forth between parks as I hop around.

Also - if the price difference between flying into SNA compared to LAX is within reason, ALWAYS take the SNA flight. If you don't check a bag, you can be at your hotel about 20 minutes after you land if you take Uber. I usually take the flight from DFW that lands at 8:20 and in my last four trips, I've dropped my stuff at the hotel and have been waiting outside the park gate in time for a 9 a.m. open.

Also - if the price difference between flying into SNA compared to LAX is within reason, ALWAYS take the SNA flight. If you don't check a bag, you can be at your hotel about 20 minutes after you land if you take Uber. I usually take the flight from DFW that lands at 8:20 and in my last four trips, I've dropped my stuff at the hotel and have been waiting outside the park gate in time for a 9 a.m. open.
I second the SNA option. Unless you are on the tightest of budgets, SNA is better in so many ways over LAX.

:wizard:

I second the SNA option. Unless you are on the tightest of budgets, SNA is better is so many ways over LAX.

:wizard:

It's such a great little airport! And I LOVE how they are so accessible for Uber/Lyft. Every worker I've ever encountered there has been nice, basically NO wait through security, good food and drink while you wait to depart. I'll pay about $100 more roundtrip to fly into SNA than LAX and I feel like it's worth every penny.

Have you looked at Costco packages? They have some freebies (gift card and photo pass) that make their packages a good price. We booked and got a night free, so it turned out to be a really good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter