First time with a car, parking?

alm1211

Earning My Ears
June 17-21 will be our first time staying off property (Sheraton Vistana Resort) with a rental car. Previously, staying in the bubble, we've used Disney Transportation or, last time, used Uber to get from Dolphin to a drop off at GF, then monorail to MK. This was so convenient, as we shopped and grabbed a snack at GF before jumping on the monorail, and we were able to stay away from the crowds at Ticket and Transportation Center. So, I'm wondering, if we use our rental car, could we pay to park at Poly, grab some Tonga Toast from the QS there, then get on the monorail to MK? I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with this plan to bypass the TT center, but is this legal?

You aren't allowed to park at a resort and then go to a park. Resort parking lots are nowhere near big enough to accommodate that. If you pay to valet it, though, then you are allowed.

Most of the time, you can pay to valet park and stay all day for whatever you want to do.

On certain busy occasions, the valet lot could get near capacity and it can be closed/limited.

I have been at the Contemporary trying to get into park for my ADR and guests were being told no valet parking unless you were staying there or had an ADR.

I have been at the Contemporary trying to get into park for my ADR and guests were being told no valet parking unless you were staying there or had an ADR.
The Contemporary is especially attractive because of the walkability. I was tempted to valet there myself last month but didn't want to lose out on time if I got turned away.

The Poly- I want to say it's less likely to be turned away... it's arguably only slightly better than a good/early TTC spot (does that cost extra now though- preferred parking?).

You would only be avoiding the tram ride and a short 5 minute walk from the TTC to the Poly,I've parked at the TTC many times and walked over to the Poly,a few of those times even had the tonga toast like youre planning.The worst part of the TTC is getting on the monorail or ferry to MK,I'm not paying $20+ to avoid the tram ride and a short,pleasant walk over to the Poly.

The TTC isn't as big of a deal as I think you may feel it is. It's far less crowded than MK itself. Don't spend 20 minutes trying to go out of your way to save 5 minutes.

June 17-21 will be our first time staying off property (Sheraton Vistana Resort) with a rental car. Previously, staying in the bubble, we've used Disney Transportation or, last time, used Uber to get from Dolphin to a drop off at GF, then monorail to MK. This was so convenient, as we shopped and grabbed a snack at GF before jumping on the monorail, and we were able to stay away from the crowds at Ticket and Transportation Center. So, I'm wondering, if we use our rental car, could we pay to park at Poly, grab some Tonga Toast from the QS there, then get on the monorail to MK? I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with this plan to bypass the TT center, but is this legal?

Nope, it is not allowed. The lots are built to hold cars staying at that resort only, they are not large enough for people to leave their cars and go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter