First Time to HH and have questions

sjaz22

Own at BLT
We are considering booking our first stay to HH next April and have a few questions:

- The 1 bedroom Villa seems to have the same sleeping arrangements as our home resort BLT, but does it have 1 or 2 bathrooms?

- Is the resort on a beach? The website says shuttle service available to the Atlantic beaches, but it is not clear what beach activities are available right at the resort.

- How is the food on site? We will have a car so can definitely go to other options near the resort.

- Our kids will be 18 and 16 at the time. Are there activities for them? Would you call this resort a true beach vacation? Other activities in the area that we can drive to you would recommend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The one BRs only have one bathroom, but I love them-we always stay in a 1 BR. On-site there is just a fast food place with outdoor seating (similar to Good's to Go at OKW). But Hilton Head has so many restaurants that you'll never run out of places to eat. "So many great restaurants-so little time!"

The resort is on the marsh. It's about 1.5 miles from their private beach house. They run a shuttle. If you go early (depending on time of year) you can drive but the parking lot is small. You can also bike over.
At the pool at the resort or the beach house- there is a QS at each location. It's very good- the mahi mahi sandwich is great. You can have dole whips, MM ice cream and MM waffles :)
The 1 bedroom has 1 bathroom but it's set up nicely- shower and toilet and small sink in one area and the other side of the bathroom (with a door in-between) has a larger sink area and tub. It's comfortable.
Plenty of places to eat on the island- tons!
For the ages of your kids- there are arts and crafts activities- painting, bath stuff to make, etc. Kayak tours.

We stayed at HHI this past April (in a studio for Easter so I have no 1 bedroom knowledge). While we were there it was not warm enough to swim in the ocean (in my opinion) but they did swim in the pool a few times. I'm not sure if that is usual or just due to this year's late spring/summer weather. (We live in NC and the weather pattern was definitely different this year!). My sons are 13 and 16. We were only there 4 nights and there were a few activities they enjoyed (a few of the crafts, the campfires and a scavenger hunt) but I did think there was a lack of activities for their age group. The activities they did do that they enjoyed all took place on Easter day. Maybe if we were there a whole week we would've experienced more teen activities but not sure.
There are a ton of restaurants! We also did a dolphin tour thru the resort and definitely enjoyed and would recommend that!
I definitely went there with the vision of a beach trip but it did not feel that way to me. I'm not sure if it was all the trees (which I think are beautiful) and the beige buildings but to me it had more of a cabin in the woods feel to me. I do plan on going back one day...but not too soon. It was kind of a tease because there was Disney reminders everywhere...but I wasn't there and that made me a little sad.

HHI is our favorite DVC resort! We just got back a couple of days ago, and I'm ready to go back! As others have said, the resort is not on the beach, but I love it for that reason. Since the resort is on the marsh, and the buildings are surrounded with those beautiful oak trees dripping with Spanish moss, it does have "a cabin in the woods feel," but you can bike over to the beach and have a totally different vacation. It's the best of both worlds!

Great restaurants in the area, some within walking distance. If your teens like adventure there is a lot to do. Ziplines and aerial adventures for those who are in shape. Kayaking, biking, paddle boarding, shark fishing, dolphin watching tours, golf, tennis, pickle ball. IMHO the activities at the resort are more for the 8-12 crowd but there are a lot of things to do on the island. The resort does have corn hole and basketball.

Great restaurants in the area, some within walking distance. If your teens like adventure there is a lot to do. Ziplines and aerial adventures for those who are in shape. Kayaking, biking, paddle boarding, shark fishing, dolphin watching tours, golf, tennis, pickle ball. IMHO the activities at the resort are more for the 8-12 crowd but there are a lot of things to do on the island. The resort does have corn hole and basketball.
We were at HH with adult kids, 3 summers ago, then 28 and 20. We had a BLAST!
We went right before very busy season begins in June through Labor Day. We LOVED HH Disney. What a relaxing vaca. Tons of great restaurants, did zip lining, daily bikeriding to beach house,
DS and 2 sons played golf, we rented jet skiis by Lighthouse, so MUCH FUN! HH is the kind of resort that I could easily return to annually. PS...Heard from restaurants servers that "primetime" JUne through Labor Day, restaurants are extremely busy:scared1:, NEED reservations nightly, but SO MUCH variety to choose from. ENJOY if you go!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter