First time in UK – Need suggested help pls - London Hotel and Pemberley House

MMCD

Mouseketeer
I will be arriving around 10:30pm Heathrow Thursday. I do not know how long customs will take. The main attractions for me to see is Tom Hiddleston and Collin Firth just randomly. I know, my chances are zero. But I am going to the Green Day concert because my oldest son wants to see them. So I am looking for suggestions on hotels and ideas on what I should do. In the US, I stay mostly Hiltons and Marriott and I am a DVC owner. I will still be visiting Scotland and Dublin. My budget for hotels is $150 per night. My oldest son will pay whatever is over with in reason.

Since I am arriving late and need to go through customs, will I be able to get public transportation to stay near London Stadium? Should I stay near the airport, then move in the morning? The concert starts at Friday 1600 and I need to be bagless to enter the stadium. Where should I stay and what should I see that’s between where I am staying and on the way to the concert. The next day, I will be going to Manchester by train but not until late afternoon since I will be waiting for my youngest son to arrive. So I prefer to not have to carry my luggage around while sight seeing until I catch a train to Manchester.

Another help/idea pls. I love Collin Firth Pride and Prejudice. So I definitely want to see that Pemberley house in Lyme Park. But I was told that I need to see the Kieara Knightly Pride and Prejudice Pemberley House, Chatsworth house. From Manchester, we need to rent an automatic car to drive down to see Chatsworth, then drive to Lyme then back to Manchester to catch a train to Scotland. Both boys are complaining of having to do Chatsworth trip. Our original plan is to visit Scotland. I was just thinking that we can see the grounds, not go inside. Is it really worth the time to see the house/grounds for 30 minutes? We can’t figure out to see the house on the way up to Manchester cost effectively. The rest of the trip will be what ever my sons want to see. So this is my only request to visit unless I can see Loki being filmed in London.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter