First time doing a cruise- disney?

Kimberly Mitchell

Mouseketeer
I've never booked a cruise before and have no idea how it works but I've been thinking about it lately. How does it work who do you go through? How do I sign up for the castaway challenge? I would like to do that. :)

Kim

I've never booked a cruise before and have no idea how it works but I've been thinking about it lately. How does it work who do you go through? How do I sign up for the castaway challenge? I would like to do that. :)

Kim
Go to the Disney Cruise Line website, look for cruises going to the locations you want at the time of year that you want, select a stateroom, & book the cruise. Easy peasy. Paying for it is the hard part.:sad2:

You sign up for the Castaway Challenge after boarding the ship. You can do so at the Port Adventures Desk.

Last edited:
If you are uncomfortable booking online, you can go to a TA and they will take you through the process.

The sign ups for the Castaway Cay challenge are on the ship. As for booking, I check out prices on the DCL website and get an idea of what I want, but I've always booked by cruises through a travel agent (I've used 2 online ones) because there usually is an offer of an onboard credit or something that booking direct I won't get. The online agents I've used are fee free as well. If you want to know who I've used send me a pm, as I don't want to advertise for them as it might not be allowed on the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter