First time DCL, Magic 5 day cruise, 2 adults and a 9 year old...

auburnmama2three

Earning My Ears
What should we know? What do you wish someone had told you before your first Disney cruise?

It's my mom, myself and my 9, almost 10 year old daughter. We have stops in Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay.

Any suggestions/tips/etc. are appreciated. Like today I just realized we'd probably need lanyards for our kttw.

Super excited! Thanks in advance!

What should we know? What do you wish someone had told you before your first Disney cruise?

It's my mom, myself and my 9, almost 10 year old daughter. We have stops in Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay.

Any suggestions/tips/etc. are appreciated. Like today I just realized we'd probably need lanyards for our kttw.

Super excited! Thanks in advance!

Relax and have fun, be aware that you can’t do everything. So, make sure and book another cruise while you’re on board!

Yes, book another cruise onboard or get a placeholder for a future cruise. Either way you'll save 10% off of the price of your next cruise, and get some onboard spending money for that cruise.

Rent bikes at Castaway Cay and pedal around the island. It's great!

Don't over pack. It's a vacation, not dinner with the Queen every night. Relax and enjoy. Take notes (on paper or in your head) what you saw and what you want to try next time. Then get an On Board Booking (OBB) or placeholder and plan you next cruise (within 2 years).

Don't over pack. It's a vacation, not dinner with the Queen every night. Relax and enjoy. Take notes (on paper or in your head) what you saw and what you want to try next time. Then get an On Board Booking (OBB) or placeholder and plan you next cruise (within 2 years).

So much this!! There is someone on the cruise critic Celebrity boards who is on a solo cruise - a 7-night Caribbean (I am not sure if it's Eastern or Western...if they alternate it's Western as the Equinox was Eastern last week) cruise - and she has her carry-on and THREE suitcases! For one person! LOL.

The rule I've generally heard and used for packing is "Put out everything you think you're going to wear, then put back half of it." (Other than underwear of course.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter