First time DCL Cruisers from Chicago - May 11 Fantasy

Cloud92

Earning My Ears

I am so thrilled, I just booked our first Disney cruise! Twelve weeks to departure! It will be me, my husband and our two boys, ages 7 and 10.

I remember going on a Carnival cruise to Nassau, when I was still single with no kids, and I saw the Disney cruise ship for the first time. It was amazing, so beautiful and grand. And all the families seemed so happy. I knew that one day, when I had kids, I would go on a Disney cruise. So, here I am over 10 years later and my dream is coming true.

I've been on 2 other cruises and have always had tiny inside staterooms, but this time we booked a family deluxe room with a private veranda! I can't wait to sit on the balcony and enjoy the beautiful, warm sea air and watch the sun rise and set. I am getting chills just thinking about it.

It seems this trip is all I can think of these days, I feel like I am obsessed. I've read 2 books, watched the Planning video twice, watched the Disney Cruise Line video twice on Netflix and read a bunch of on-line blogs and viewed dozens of YouTube vidoes. I feel like I know the ship inside and out already. I have learned some very helpful tips and feel very prepared. I wish we were leaving tomorrow!

We took pictures and ordered our passports this weekend (mine just had to be renewed, but my husband and kids needed new ones). So, weve got 12 weeks for them to processed and delivered to us before our trip. I hope there are no delays.

We took the boys to WDW two years ago and they LOVED it, we all did! We spent a day at each of the 4 parks and one day to enjoy the waterpark at the hotel  we stayed at the Nickelodeon Suites. It was very nice, we had a Spongebob themed suite. 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, small kitchenette and front/tv room. It was very spacious!

I am extremely excited for you and your kids. Been a while since we did our first Disney Cruise, but I have seen the joy of thousands during my cruising on DCL. Make it a family event looking at the excursion options. You can also look at all of the menus and shows. You can also start to memorize the locations of important places on the ship. It is 12 weeks away, but it is 84 days of awesome discussions before you depart.

Have a fantastic 3 months!

Can't wait to hear all about it. Our DS will be 10 when we board the Fantasy in January 2014. Interested to hear what your boys think. Have fun planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter