First Time Cruising Questions?

Sharron379

Mouseketeer
We are going on our First DCL cruise on March 10th on the Magic! We are so excited! But I do have a few questions. We are driving to port and will park our car at the cruise terminal.
1. Can we bring bottle water and snacks on the cruise ship?
2. We normally cruise with RCCL, and they take care of our luggage once we arrive at the airport. But since we are driving, we will have our luggage with us. We have terminal check in at 11:30 AM, will we be having to drag all of our luggage with us until our cabin is ready or will they take it from us and put it in our cabin when we check in?
3. Can we bring wine onto the ship?
4. Can we need to bring our own floaties for the pool and ports or does dcl have floaties available?

Thanks for all of the help!
Sharron

:woohoo:
I bet you are too excited! We'll be on the Magic just a few weeks after you!

1. You can bring bottled water/soda/alcoholic beverages on board only in your carry-on. It cannot be checked with luggage. Sealed, packaged snacks are OK, but not in a cooler, nothing home-made.

2. Yes, when you arrive at the port, there are Porters to take your Checked luggage which will be delivered to your stateroom. You take your carryon and keep it with you until your stateroom is ready (around 1:30pm)

3. Yes, you can bring wine and other alcohol, but only in your carry-on. There is a size limit restriction on your carry-on.

4. No blow-up floaties or noodles allowed on board. I have seen kids with smaller pool toys but not sure if this was officially permissable.

I do have a tip for you when you board. Bring your bathing suits or wear them under your clothes so your family can enjoy the pool when you board and not have to wait for the rooms to be available or have to find them in your luggage! :goodvibes

We are going on our First DCL cruise on March 10th on the Magic! We are so excited! But I do have a few questions. We are driving to port and will park our car at the cruise terminal.
1. Can we bring bottle water and snacks on the cruise ship?
2. We normally cruise with RCCL, and they take care of our luggage once we arrive at the airport. But since we are driving, we will have our luggage with us. We have terminal check in at 11:30 AM, will we be having to drag all of our luggage with us until our cabin is ready or will they take it from us and put it in our cabin when we check in?
3. Can we bring wine onto the ship?
4. Can we need to bring our own floaties for the pool and ports or does dcl have floaties available?

Thanks for all of the help!
Sharron

Our plan was to board the ship with swimsuits on! I know my boys are going to want to do Avengers and pool immediately! This is a surprise vacay. I am coming a part not telling them. Hmm, my daughter's floaties are the non blow up kind of. Its more of like a life jacket. I wonder if that is ok? Do you recommend bring refillable water bottle i.e. camelback or trevis cups to refill drinks.

Our plan was to board the ship with swimsuits on! I know my boys are going to want to do Avengers and pool immediately! This is a surprise vacay. I am coming a part not telling them. Hmm, my daughter's floaties are the non blow up kind of. Its more of like a life jacket. I wonder if that is ok? Do you recommend bring refillable water bottle i.e. camelback or trevis cups to refill drinks.

Are you asking about a personal floatation device (like a life jacket for young kids)?

From the DCL website:

The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

•Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/prohibited-items/

That being said, there are lifejackets available onboard (and at Castaway Cay):
s453kx.jpg

You may bring refillable bottles/cups, if you wish. However, you are requested to use one of the cups available at the drink station for filling your personal cups.

I've never brought my own cup on board. I probably had sippy cups for DD when she was younger just to avoid spills, but really, I just don't like carrying cups around and having to keep tabs on them. :rolleyes1

This year I might bring a bigger coffee traveler cup that I can use to get my coffee in the morning (I always am the first one up and enjoy getting out of the cabin for some fresh air and quiet time)

I do see people with their Tervis cups, and if you like to have more than 8 (or 12?) ounces at a time, its a good idea because the cups at the soda machines are pretty small!

Last year we visited and they didn't have life jackets for small kids. Not even for rent. The only ones they had were for snorkeling. We expected them to have this since they do at the water parks at WDW. If your kids need something for swimming, you should look at bringing the life jackets with you. Otherwise, your kids may not enjoy a day at the beach when they can only go 5 feet into the water. It can drop off pretty quick for younger kids.

Last year we visited and they didn't have life jackets for small kids. Not even for rent. The only ones they had were for snorkeling. We expected them to have this since they do at the water parks at WDW. If your kids need something for swimming, you should look at bringing the life jackets with you. Otherwise, your kids may not enjoy a day at the beach when they can only go 5 feet into the water. It can drop off pretty quick for younger kids.

They do have them on CC--for sure near Pelican Plunge.

They do have them on CC--for sure near Pelican Plunge.

Interesting. When we got there we seen the racks of life vests, but realized they were for snorkeling. So, we asked a cast member and was told that's all they had. They just didn't work right for the kids. We checked all the shops and none sold any. I'll have to check that out on the next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter