First time cruisers

twinsmom

Mouseketeer
My family of 5 is going on our first 7 day cruise Feb. 2....We have rooms 2062 and 2064 that are adjoining. Are these good room locations? We have twin girls that are 6 and a sone who is 7. I wante easy access to everything. Where is the laundry facility? Should I try to upgrade to a higher category room? ANy tips are appreciated since we are first time cruisers.

I think you'll love Deck 2...I know we do! You are midship on the Port Side. The laundry room is also midship on the port side but I think it is a bit further aft than your staterooms. If I remember correctly they are near stateroom 2090 or so.

We love Deck 2 as it is convenient to the shows, shops, restaurants and debarkation ramps at the ports. The pools, spa, Palo and the teen club are just an elevator ride away, or you can do what I do and take the stairs. It offsets the yummy food that I seem to eat too much of on the ship.

No matter where you are on the ship you are closer to some things and farther from others so it all evens out. I'd say stick with your cabins...they are in a great location on a great deck!

Hi Twinsmom!

We'll be on the same cruise! It will be our 4th DCL cruise with the kids. We have a meet thread going in the meet section above and also a Yahoo group where we can share more information in a private setting. We have all of the Navigators, port of call information, etc. Stop by and meet us! We're a friendly bunch.

Laurie

Sorry, forgot to answer your questions. I was so excited to have you join in our meet thread.

Most of the cabin categories are in gty status, which means that most of the rooms are sold out and they are going to play musical cabins with whomever they can get in the remaining few months. If you decide to change cabin categories now, you will not be guaranteed to even be located near each other. I don't think that would be acceptable to you as your kids are younger.

The way the ship is designed, each cabin is near some public rooms and farther from others. If you are near the kids clubs, you are far from Topsiders. If you are near the Mickey pool, you are farther from the kids clubs. The ship isn't that big and believe me, after a few meals, you are going to want to do some walking :laughing:

We took the same cruise last year and it was wonderful. Expect sailaway to be chilly and bring jackets for the kids. Once you wake up on Sunday, it will be warm and sunny and in the 80's.

The superbowl will be shown on the ship in all of the lounges and on the deck 9 jumbo screen. Formal night will be moved to Monday.

Your kids are the ideal age for this trip. My kids were 7 and 9 on our first cruise. They are 11 and 13 now and this is still their favorite vacation. They are not interested in the parks anymore. If you have any more questions, ask away!

Thanks to both of you for the great info..I will stick with what we have booked already. Sounds like our cabins are in the right place. I can't wait to go!

I think you'll be extremely happy with your location. We were just a couple doors away from that ...not adjoining though and we absolutely loved the area. Laundry which if you have kids is a big thing and it is very close by. It was always quiet. And the views and light from the portholes is great. We booked that same area for next year. Hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter