First time cruisers - ideas for 3 boys on a 3-night (?)

Fab5Family

Mouseketeer
I just convinced my hubby we should add a 3-night cruise to the end of our trip to WDW in June! :cheer2:

Since we are first time cruisers with only three days -- more like 2 ½ -- I think we will treat Nassau day as more of a sea day and just enjoy the ship. (Maybe get off just long enough to say we were there.) I also think we will skip Palo so that we don’t miss one of the dining rooms on the regular rotation. (DH will just have to bring me back another time.:goodvibes )

We have three boys, (ages 9, 7, and 7) so I know the pirate pirate: party will be a big hit. Other things I anticipate they will enjoy would be the Sail Away party, the Toy Story production, and the Club/Lab activities.

Any other ideas of activities that might be particularly appealing to the boys? Or the grown-ups?

Thanks!

This may sound dumb, but "everything!" If they haven't seen Bolt in 3-D, it will be showing on the ship...but you may not want to spend your ship time doing something you could do at home.

They will probably love all the kid programming. The main stage shows are not to be missed. Heck, kids even like the safety drill until they decide that the life vests are a pain.

If they do the vege racers on the 3 day (I don't think they do), that's a great family activity. An adult MUST participate. You make a racer (like a soapbox derby car) out of vegetables and then race them. It will be in the Navigator as a "family" activity. Adults only on the knives.

If they do the vege racers on the 3 day (I don't think they do), that's a great family activity. An adult MUST participate. You make a racer (like a soapbox derby car) out of vegetables and then race them. It will be in the Navigator as a "family" activity. Adults only on the knives.

The boys are all in Cub Scouts and love building pinewood derby cars every year -- so this would be right up their alley. I will have to look for that when we're on board.

If it's not on the 3-day then I guess I just found another reason why we have to go again on a longer cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter