first time cruiser

poohsdoodle

Doodle's Mom
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I am hoping to grab a "last minute" deal on a dis cruise!!! I have never been before.

Can you helpful folks give me a little info on excursion cost, how much spending $$$ I will want to think about, ect.

I think I will try a 3 or 4 day first off. Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!!

Well, DCL doesn't offer last-minute deals as some other cruise lines do, but they do have some great rates in January so I hope you find a good deal. :)

As for spending money, it can vary widely, depending upon what you want to do. Excursions range from about $25 to over $100 per person. Some of the costs onboard the ship will be tips for your servers and cabin attendant, alcoholic beverages, sodas and bottled water, pictures, spa treatments, souvenirs, etc. Again, you can spend as little or as much as you'd like, and it can be done with a budget in mind.

Happy planning! :)

Thanks Michelle!

My eight day trip to Dis in March "might" be sidetracked, not sure yet. If so, I might take my $$ and do a cruise. I'm one to plan things, so this is VERY difficult for me, but the prices are outrageous!!!

I understand the tipping (I think), I have calculated apprx 80.00 min. for son and I for 3 day ( Head waiter, assist waiter/bus, Room steward, no speacial req from Maitre' D, this does not include my alcohol intake).

Can you tell me where to get more info on the excursions? What about port charge?

Where do I go to "learn it all"??????

I continue to appreciate assistance!

thanks vicnmickey!

i also found Deb's site and gathered a lot of info there, also.

looks like you have a fun trip not too far away, ENJOY :D

March cruises aren't discounted like the January ones. I think spring break for schools allows them to charge the higher rates.

September and October have lower rates too. I didn't know that January had lower rates (but will keep it in mind for the future).

You can spend a LOT or not much at all depending one what you want to do. Honestly, there is enough to enjoy on the ship that you could go without spending extra at all (especially on a 3 day cruise). But there are some pricey options (like excursions and spa treatments) that can really add up.

You should check out some Cruise websites and look at prices for 'extras' and think about what things you might want on your cruise.

No matter what, you will have a great time!
DJ

Thanks DJ. Not sure, but I think it's a good deal. I received some travel site update. Looks like they are giving last minute deals on a few Jan & Feb cruises (trying to fil empty staterooms ?). A few of the "deals" 3 night 379, 4 night 399 p/p.

Sounds cool to me, but as I've been reading, I never even thought about a passport! I think they usually take 6-8 weeks.

I think I might just head to the World and plan something for the fall! Oct sounds good, but I'm kind of concerned about hurricaine season.

Thanks for all the tips!

Originally posted by poohsdoodle
Sounds cool to me, but as I've been reading, I never even thought about a passport! I think they usually take 6-8 weeks.
If you expedite the passport at the most it will take two weeks. I just got one for ds and it only took a week

cruise package price. I strongly urge anyone and everyone to use Pete's travel agency. If not for him and it we would not have this great discussion board but Dana at www.micdan.com arranged our cruise and our tips were included in our less-than-$400 2 day 3 night cruise. If yours does too that would free up nearly $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter