First time cruiser - leaving Sat 13th

flounder610

Earning My Ears
Title says it all. We are going on our first cruise Sat aboard the Magic. Any suggestions, tips or tricks? We have planned zero but that's just how we roll ha!

I'm read a few tips here and there but need some good ones so we can start packing. Thanks and we are really excited!

We are big water drinkers so I'm assuming we are going to have to buy water on the boat?

We are also taking the Disney bus from the airport to the ship so it looks like I can't bring some of those tasty adult beverages either. Is there a place at the port to snag a few bottles of Vino and some beer?

Do the kids dress up in Disney outfits, like princess dresses for dinner?

Is there internet access on the boat?

Any and all suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated!

congrats!!! you will have a blast this is our 2nd dcl!!! we are on this cruise with you!!!!!

The water on board is purified and very good!! i even made formula bottles last time with for my daughter!!! so really you wont need to buy it,,,,
we bring a case with us just for getting off at islands and to have in room...

I have seen some kids dressed up in princess outfits for formal nights, alot of people (adults too) dress as pirates for pirate night!!

there is internet onboard but u have to pay for it (expensive and slow)
as for vino can u wrap it in bubble wrap and check it in ur suitcase??? just take out before u get on boat!

You will have a great time, we are on deck 5 ....

any ????? let me know!!

I'm wondering if you can bring an extra carry on size bag with just a few towels in it and stop at the liquor store in the airport (MCO is like a bloody mall). Might cost you a bit more than buying at home, but it will probably be less expensive than the wine on board.

That's one of our splurdges- DH and I always buy a wine package and have it with dinner. We usually drink the drink of the day after dinner or coffee from Cove Cafe.

Thanks for the help. We are the 5th deck also!

I might try to pack some wine but I'm just nervous it will burst and ruin everyones clothes and I don't want to start the trip like that!

I'm wondering if you can bring an extra carry on size bag with just a few towels in it and stop at the liquor store in the airport (MCO is like a bloody mall).

So, is there a liquor store at MCO??? Inquiring minds NEED to know!

Do a search here as people have posted places that will deliver to your resort. If you are not staying overnight before hand then you might be able to take a taxi at the port? Depends on how much you are looking to stock up on.

Title says it all. We are going on our first cruise Sat aboard the Magic. Any suggestions, tips or tricks? We have planned zero but that's just how we roll ha!

I'm read a few tips here and there but need some good ones so we can start packing. Thanks and we are really excited!

We are big water drinkers so I'm assuming we are going to have to buy water on the boat?

We are also taking the Disney bus from the airport to the ship so it looks like I can't bring some of those tasty adult beverages either. Is there a place at the port to snag a few bottles of Vino and some beer?

Do the kids dress up in Disney outfits, like princess dresses for dinner?

Is there internet access on the boat?

Any and all suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated!

This is a Western, right? You may be able to find somewhere on Key West to buy liquor/beer/wine. I know there is a CVS near the port you can get bottled water at.

Three things I always cruise with:
1.Glow in the dark alarm clock
2.My own hairdryer
3.Over the door organizer (saved us on our 14 day cruise).

P.S. Our first cruise we purchased the water package but found the ship's water was fine. Our 14 day cruise we saved the money and drank from the faucet or went up to the drinking station and got cold water.

For us coming from California, we buy lots of things like liquor, water, sunscreen etc in either Orlando if we are staying before at WDW or at the Publix grocery store in Cape Canaveral to save weight in our suitcases. If we have FE gifts to buy, that is when we get them.

1. I make a list of clothing that we are going to wear as I don't want to overpack of do any washing unless we are on a two plus week trip.

2. Bring some close pins to hang up clothing on the retractable clothesline in the bathroom or to hold the curtains closed in our room to keep out any light.

3. Bring highlighters in different colors for each family member to mark up the Daily Navigator so you will know who wants to which activity.

There is a Walmart Superstore not far from WDW where we buy groceries and all the extra kinds of things you might need for the cruise.

Here is a list of grocery stores with the closest to WDW listed first:
Winn Dixie
Shoppes of Lake Avenue
11957 S. Apopka-Vineland Road
Call for store hours
www.winndixie.com

Walgreens
12100 S Apopka-Vineland Road
Open 24 hours
www.walgreens.com

Publix
The Cascades at Islesworth
4870 S. Apopka-Vineland Road
Open 7am-10pm
www.publix.com

Albertson's
8801 Conroy-Windermere Road
(at the corner of Apopka-Vineland)
Open 6am-Midnight
www.albertsons.com

Walmart SuperCenter
1471 E. Osceola Parkway
Open 24 hours
www.walmart.com

The Publix store near Port Canaveral where we we go to is located at:
Indiavista Center
7325 N US Highway 1
Cocoa, FL 32927-5006
Main: (321) 635-8560
Fax: (321) 635-8191
Pharmacy: (321) 635-8464.

Have a wonderful trip! I hope when you return you do a trip report and show lots of pictures. I am scheduled for the Disney Magic in Jan. for the Western Caribbean. Really looking forward to Pirate night!

This is my first cruise with Disney but I have cruised with Carnival twice. I never bring any beverages with me...I use what the ship gives me. The water is just fine! :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful trip! I hope when you return you do a trip report and show lots of pictures. I am scheduled for the Disney Magic in Jan. for the Western Caribbean. Really looking forward to Pirate night!

This is my first cruise with Disney but I have cruised with Carnival twice. I never bring any beverages with me...I use what the ship gives me. The water is just fine! :thumbsup2

If you bring water bottles, the water is fine. You can put ice in them from the drink station. When we do the WBTA or a Med itinerary, we order the water package as we don't want to carry water bottles etc with packing space a premium. We just bring our lanyards to carry the water on shore for excursions.

Wine, beer and mixed drinks can be very pricey. Many people bring their own. You just ask for wine glasses, wine cork, regular glasses and a bottle opener from your room steward. We bring our DCL beer Mugs that we bought years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter