First Stay- Couple of questions

NMiller12

Earning My Ears
We will be coming in for our first stay at Fort Wilderness in one month. We have never stayed before and I have a couple questions.

1. Are motorized scooters allowed? No the ones needed for medical reason, just a normal motorized scooter.

2. Our son and his fiance are staying off property, will they be able to gain entrance to the campground to visit our site?

From a WDW site:

In addition, please be aware that use of the following vehicles and devices are not permitted: all-terrain vehicles, utility-style carts, ripsticks, skateboards, mini motorcycles, hoverboards, drones, go-carts, segways, skates, roller-skates, kick scooters and electric scooters.

Bringing Your Own Golf Cart?
Starting June 1, 2024, when bringing your own golf cart, you must be prepared to present proof of insurance upon check-in and sign an agreement and waiver.”

We will be coming in for our first stay at Fort Wilderness in one month. We have never stayed before and I have a couple questions.

1. Are motorized scooters allowed? No the ones needed for medical reason, just a normal motorized scooter.

2. Our son and his fiance are staying off property, will they be able to gain entrance to the campground to visit our site?
Can you clarify the bolded part? Do you mean a motorized scooter like a Vespa or an ECV?

No, just my daughter's razor scooter, it's motorized.

From the handout in our "Fort Wilderness Resort Information - A Work In Progress" thread sticked at the top of our Camping Board and look in post #3 at the bottom of the PDF:

1716569781083.png

The handout also says motorcycles/Vespas use the street because they are licensed. ECV's use the sidewalks.

Gas-powered scooters are not permitted. Electric scooters keep to the sidewalk.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

As for your family coming in to visit, if it is a slow time at the Fort (parking lot at the checkin area has plenty of spaces), visitors can drive up to the guard shack and tell them, "I'm here to visit the NMiller12 family in site number XYZ" and they may let you in. "May" is a wishy washy word so what I do is add visitors' names to my reservation when I arrive to check in (can have up to 8 names). That way the visitors' names are on the guest list the guard has and he has to let them in. Having their names on the list doesn't mess anything else up.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
From the handout in our "Fort Wilderness Resort Information - A Work In Progress" thread sticked at the top of our Camping Board and look in post #3 at the bottom of the PDF:

View attachment 862621

The handout also says motorcycles/Vespas use the street because they are licensed. ECV's use the sidewalks.

Gas-powered scooters are not permitted. Electric scooters keep to the sidewalk.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

As for your family coming in to visit, if it is a slow time at the Fort (parking lot at the checkin area has plenty of spaces), visitors can drive up to the guard shack and tell them, "I'm here to visit the NMiller12 family in site number XYZ" and they may let you in. "May" is a wishy washy word so what I do is add visitors' names to my reservation when I arrive to check in (can have up to 8 names). That way the visitors' names are on the guest list the guard has and he has to let them in. Having their names on the list doesn't mess anything else up.

Bama Ed

Wait, Ed, did they change the rules back? We bought Micro Kickboard scooters specifically for the Fort several years back then at some point (maybe last year or the year before?) they banned ALL scooters so we stopped bringing them. We even saw two young girls get yelled at by security telling them that scooters weren't allowed anymore (though they ignored him and kept on going).

Would love to know if we could bring the scooters back again...(they travel way easier than bikes)!

Wait, Ed, did they change the rules back? We bought Micro Kickboard scooters specifically for the Fort several years back then at some point (maybe last year or the year before?) they banned ALL scooters so we stopped bringing them. We even saw two young girls get yelled at by security telling them that scooters weren't allowed anymore (though they ignored him and kept on going).

Would love to know if we could bring the scooters back again...(they travel way easier than bikes)!

I was just referring to what we had posted in our pinned info thread, @tetera. I don't know if that's the latest position (which I think is the essence of your question).

Maybe someone who's been recently and has that handout available can chime in. And if there is a newer version of that handout, we need to get it into the Info thread.

The Rangers need to do a little less screaming and yelling at folks and a little more adult behavior if they ever want anyone to take them seriously.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter