First Stay At WDW Resort EVER! Feb 2010 (Pre-Trip Volume 1)

theweave

Mouseketeer
Okay first of all, I am relatively new to the DIS boards here but just because I have not posted much, does not mean that I have not been reading lots either!

I am especially interested in reading the trip reports on here and seeing what different people do, see and of course eat!

Let me introduce myself here:

Chris- 36 year old single guy. Went to Disney once as a teenager but didn't do back for a long stay until this past March!

As I said, I went to WDW for the first time in a long time this past March and did 5 days of Disney including 3 Rope Drops! I had sooooo much fun there but found it challenging staying off resort (only 1 mile from the entrance though) and not having a car to drive and relying on taxi to get around.

That meant I spent a lot more money that I should have and didn't take a break during the day. I kept plowing around in parks during one of the busiest times of the year too! *LOL*

Some pics from my trip:

Picture075.jpg

Picture080.jpg

First at the turnstiles at Epcot for RD (Seriously no one is there at 7:30 am for a 9:00 am open???? *LOL*)

Picture040.jpg

I did pretty good with the RD thing, I was at the parks for 7:30 am for all three (DHS, Epcot and MK!) and because of that did lots of rides in short times, well short being relative with the size of the crowds that week!

I did single rider lines as much as possible, an advantage to going alone I guess!

I also think I did good seeing as my whole trip was a last minute thing! It was planned in about three weeks and I even managed to get at least some ADR's made at the last minute too!

Well, once I got home, I knew I had to go again! I knew next time it was time to stay on resort! Much easier to get around, closer to the parks, could get on DDP (if I want to!) and easier to take a break mid-day, hit the pool than go back at night if I wanted to!

So what did I do? Well the only thing I could do! BOOKED A ROOM AT POP CENTURY FOR FEBRUARY 2010!!!

Now mind you, I only booked the room for now. I will add my tickets and DDP later one once I see if they come out with any deals like the 3/4 deal this year! That would be even better!

So now I am 307 days away from hitting WDW again and this time I will be in the action!!!!

Now the little bit of a curveball that life has thrown me.....

When I was at WDW in March, I was having periodic headaches. Nothing really bad, but they werre there sometimes. I would take a couple of Tylenol and it would go away. The bottle of Tylenol accompanied me everywhere I went that week!

After I got home, they got more frequent and more severe. Finally it got to the point where I had to go to our ER and get it checked out. They did a CT scan and found that I had fluid in two of the ventricles of my brain that should not be there. It is called "mild hydrocepalus".

I was born almost 3 months preemie and had the fluid at birth. The doctors put in a "shunt" when I was 3 months old to drain it and I have had it ever since. I only had problems when I was about two years old and they fixed it. Nothing since than.

Well another trip to ER when my vision blurred and made me dizzy later, I got into see a neurosurgeon. He didn't have any old CT's to compare to so he told me to come back in a month so he could compare yet another CT scan (3 in one month it would have been!)

Well I found out when one of my old scans was done in 2002 and had my family doctor forward the film to my ns. His secretary calle me last week and said I go for surgery on May 5 to have a new shunt put in! He had seen that in 2002 there was no fluid where now there was. So he is putting a brand new one in now!

I am excited, although a bit scared at the thought of having neurosurgery like this done at 36 years of age! But I know this will cure the headaches and the constant pressure in my head in the end!

So I am waiting for surgery and dreaming of WDW in 307 days from now! It is good it is that long away and not 7 or something like that! Being Canadian, I need travel insurance down there and it would be hard to get if it were that close!

So now I am kind of waiting... waiting for a new special to come out.... waiting to have my travel agent make my ADR's! ... waiting to pick where I want to eat in the first place!!!!!

At least I have something to look forward to.... reading here and other boards keeps me going right now!

More later.......................

How exciting! sorry to hear about everything with your head...can't wait to hear more, you have a lot of planning to do!

How exciting! sorry to hear about everything with your head...can't wait to hear more, you have a lot of planning to do!

Yes a lot of planning but a lot of time to get it done this time! Should make a big difference! More dining, more breaks, more fun!

Hope you are subscribed! More to follow!

Okay thought I would update here!

On the morning of May 5 (my surgery date day) I woke up at about 9:15 am. I could not eat nor drink so I sat on the computer checking out Facebook.

The phone rang at 9:45 and it was the hospital calling asking me how fast I could be down there. I told them it would take a bit but I would get ASAP.

I got down there at 11:00 and was in the operating room at 12:15 pm! Almost 2 hours earlier than planned on!

:cool1::cool1::cool1: FAST PASS TO SURGERY!!!

Well the surgery went very well and after spending a night there doped on meds (morphine is wonderful!! *LOL*), I was released the next morning!! WOW!

So now I am relaxing at home with 21 staples in me, 11 in my head and 10 in my abdomen! The best news is, they are the only pain that I do have! The headaches are gone and I am not feeling the pressure in my head either! WOO HOO for that!

Since I have had so much free time on my hands, I have spent lots of time on the DIS boards and am working on planning my next holiday.

Thanks to all for the good wishes sent by PM as well. I had so many of facebook as well! Good to know that I got lots of friends out there!

Now back to planning for POP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter