First stay at BLT during Spring Break

celesta

Earning My Ears
Last week we took our first Welcome Home stay at BLT, so I'm sharing some thoughts. We had 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 6 and 9) in a lake-view 1 bedroom. I bought a contract at BLT without ever seeing it first, so I was nervous!

- We didn't get our room # until 6pm. This *might* be due to the fact that originally at check-in (months ago) I told them we weren't getting there by 6:30pm. Then our flight changed and I couldn't figure out how to update the check-in.

- Compared to the more themed places, it does seem BLT looks more like a regular hotel. And the lobby was tiny and not really very grand. Though that's not that important to me. The room was very clean, and looked well-kept. I especially liked how immaculate the bathroom and especially the tub was.

- I didn't even realize upon time of purchase that I had bought at one of the few resorts that had 2 bathrooms with a 1-bedroom. And I'm now spoiled.

- I had heard people comment about paper-thin walls and noises from neighbors / hallways and such, but I never experienced that. It was really nice and quiet, and I'm sure the hotel was full. But I never heard people running around, screaming, anything, it was a very restful stay.

- Unfortunately, The Top of the World lounge is not open still. When I bought at BLT, that was definitely a perk I took into consideration. I really hope they remedy that soon.

- After being told how close the walk to MK was, I actually thought the walk felt longer than expected. It feels longer than the distance of DLH is to Disneyland, but at least there you got to walk through beautiful downtown Disney. However, I fully saw the benefit after fireworks when there were crazy crowds for Disney transportation and we could just walk back.

- We watched fireworks from the viewing area on the 5th floor of the Contemporary on multiple nights. It was quite nice there and not at all crowded.

- Taking the monorail to visit one of the other monorail resorts for dining is really, really great. It feels there are a lot more options suddenly. And while this is not a resort specific thing, but man oh man do I love mobile ordering!

Overall, after our stay there, I was so glad I bought at BLT, and I honestly don't think I'd want to stay anywhere else.

Welcome home! And thanks for your trip report. Nice to hear your thoughts on the property. Hope you will enjoy BLT and the surrounding resort area for many trips to come.

I think to appreciate BLT one needs to understand that the theming is intentional to blend with the modern styling of the iconic Contemporary Resort. Understood that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but we like a little less "Disney" after a hectic day at the parks.

BLT needs to offer the Art Appreciation Scavenger Hunt similar to the game guests receive from DVC Sales desk Upon checkin at the Riviera.
BLT is even more of a challenge . It requires the luck and patience to stop at every floor because every floor has different Disney Art Work !
So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for report!

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing your trip report and as an owner at BLT myself (We love it there) I feel your pain in regards to The Top Of The World lounge. I totally get how everything has been strained due to the pandemic especially in staffing, yet I continue to write checks for annual dues for perks that I can no longer take advantage of. It seems not a huge stretch to be able to open the lounge or at least the terrace for fire works viewing.

Sadly the pay more to get less continues…I’m with you, hopefully they resolve it soon. Maybe even open it on weekends or every other day? I don’t know just thinking “out loud”.

Thank you for your report. We stayed in a lake view 1 bedroom a couple months ago now and loved it. We noticed how quiet it was when we were there.

When I booked our stay at BLT for last summer, it was for the dining. It was during that period where quite a few places were still closed. I wanted access to other resorts and MK so we could hop in for a QS meal if we wanted to. That was all great, but I was so surprised by how much we liked everything else! Listening to the ELP on the water every night just felt so DISNEY and we were there for it.

So, happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.😎👍🏻

BLT owner here. I love BLTs location and access to so much. Now that things are opened up, once again it’s a great resort offering so many possibilities. In my opinion, all of the Monorail Resorts make great no park resorts.

We always loved taking the boat over to WL. Also, BLT/CR offers 3 pools, multiple hot tubs and boating access. But the restaurant choices is one of the best perks, 3 just at BLT/CR, 4 at GF, 2 WL and 2 at Poly. And let’s not forget all the great bars and lounges.

Staying there for our 4th time this September and planning on no parks. Just to enjoy the location and all the wonders that await us!✨💫✨😊

you guys do realize by stating all these things you're making it more difficult to book a room, right? My thing is, I answer questions when asked and volunteer nothing any more as I watched wilderness and beach club become almost impossible to book unless it's your home. Just sayin'.

So glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase at BLT. We bought into BLT while they were building it, and have LOVED it. Being on the monorail loop is so convenient, as is getting to MK and Epcot. The extra bathroom does come in handy.

Loved your report! We loved our stay at BLT and would love to own there - just need to convince hubby!

Also take advantage of the boats to Wilderness Lodge and Ft Wilderness Campground. One Reason we bought BLT was access to 5 resorts, MK and Epcot, then in turn Epcot resorts without having to go on a bus.
As of our trip in early April, unfortunately those boats are not running! Hope they come back soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter