First Solo Trip - Which Parks?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
I'm taking my first solo trip to Disney in February. It's a short one, only three days, but I'm having trouble figuring out which parks to do. I know that I want to do MK on the first day and the second day I'm going to do Disney After Hours in the evening. I really love all the parks, but I'm not getting hoppers so I need to narrow it down to a park on my second day before going to DAH. What's a good second park for a solo traveler?

Hate animals? Do MK, Epcot, Hollywood Studios. Love animals do MK, Epcot, Animal Kingdom.

A good second park for a solo traveler is Epcot. So much to see and do in World Showcase.

Hate animals? Do MK, Epcot, Hollywood Studios. Love animals do MK, Epcot, Animal Kingdom.

Yup, that's why this solo did option 2-I love animals. I'll confuse you further by mentioning that if you love thrill rides (I don't), you might want to do Hollywood Studios. If I had more than 3 days, I'd do AK multiple times and still eliminate DHS.

Have you been to Pandora or Toy Story Land and how do you feel about them?

When I flirted with the idea of a short trip next year, it was specifically to experience the new lands/attractions at AK and DHS. If I had to skip a park, it was no contest: skip MK. It's a madhouse on the best days, and there's nothing there that I can't live without.

I love Epcot as a hangout park, and no way could I go to WDW without eating something there.

Any of the three! It really depends on what you want to do and how many times you have been. For me - because I have not yet been to HS since TSL opened - I'd hit HS. But - I do love AK - and I struggle skipping that park on a trip.

Me - I can skip Epcot. WS is a shopping mall, IMO. FW needs love/makeover in terms of its look. Giant movies I have to STAND to watch are unappealing. I'm really looking forward to there being a couple more rides in EPCOT. And they don't have a FP for the characters I STILL haven't seen - Joy and Sadness - which just irks me. There's a freakin FP for Spaceship Earth - which used to be practically walk-on, but not those characters?

BUT - if you have never been to EPCOT - I do still highly recommend the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter